+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling to Canada in light of recent restrictions, thoughts and ideas.

headingnorth

Star Member
Jun 4, 2018
Hi All, i know this might be too early for anyone to comment. I just wanted to start a thread anyway to see if there is any further information out there.

My PR was approved in early 2019, we did our soft landing and returned back to the US, hoping to travel in a year but could not due the pandemic. Now, we had planned our trip for settling in early March 2021. Found a job, housing etc., I didn't really travel for leisure outside the country, so it is not for a vacation that i was in the US. Wondering if there is or will be any guidance for incoming settlers like myself, especially as it relates to the Hotel stay.
Any thoughts will be much appreciated.

Regards,

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All, i know this might be too early for anyone to comment. I just wanted to start a thread anyway to see if there is any further information out there.

My PR was approved in early 2019, we did our soft landing and returned back to the US, hoping to travel in a year but could not due the pandemic. Now, we had planned our trip for settling in early March 2021. Found a job, housing etc., I didn't really travel for leisure outside the country, so it is not for a vacation that i was in the US. Wondering if there is or will be any guidance for incoming settlers like myself, especially as it relates to the Hotel stay.
Any thoughts will be much appreciated.

Regards,
Drive to Canada or otherwise anticipate paying for the quarantine hotel. My opinion but we'll wait to see who is excluded. I suspect PRs and citizens who can't afford it will be offered a government loan like other repatriation flights. If you exclude large groups there's no point in the hotel quarantine. If it was up to the discretion of someone at the airport or IRCC they will be flooded with everyone claiming they have a valid reason for fees to be waived.

trajan

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Please guide, I received my PR but not landed in Canada. I still have my COPR valid. Wanted to check if I can travel. Has the travel restriction opened.

headingnorth

Star Member
Jun 4, 2018
Drive to Canada or otherwise anticipate paying for the quarantine hotel. My opinion but we'll wait to see who is excluded. I suspect PRs and citizens who can't afford it will be offered a government loan like other repatriation flights. If you exclude large groups there's no point in the hotel quarantine. If it was up to the discretion of someone at the airport or IRCC they will be flooded with everyone claiming they have a valid reason for fees to be waived.
It will be interesting to see the details on 18th which is when they are going to release details it looks like.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It will be interesting to see the details on 18th which is when they are going to release details it looks like.
Yes I'm curious to see what they announce. Although I do realize that there is a difference between on vacation and traveling to resettle in Canada or join a job but excluding such large groups pf travellers would defeat the purpose of the program. Governments are definitely not always logical so we'll wait and see. Assume many will fly to borders to cross on land so if the numbers are large enough assume they may need to address this. It's just too easy in places like Bellingham or Detroit and avoid hotel Quarantine.

headingnorth

Star Member
Jun 4, 2018
Yes I'm curious to see what they announce. Although I do realize that there is a difference between on vacation and traveling to resettle in Canada or join a job but excluding such large groups pf travellers would defeat the purpose of the program. Governments are definitely not always logical so we'll wait and see. Assume many will fly to borders to cross on land so if the numbers are large enough assume they may need to address this. It's just too easy in places like Bellingham or Detroit and avoid hotel Quarantine.
Not sure if they have released any further information, i thought the details would be coming out 18th but can't find any information anywhere. Does anyone know.