+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling to Canada from India

inkpot

Star Member
May 22, 2019
I am an international student from India (currently in my second year and taking 1 Summer course) enrolled at a university in Halifax, Nova Scotia, and will be travelling to Canada for the first time. I have booked a flight for 1st August to Doha, Qatar where I will do the RTPCR test and then fly to Toronto. I have all these immigration documents: study permit approval letter, passport, medical, admission letter, transcript and financial docs. I will quarantine in my aunt's house in Brampton, Ontario. I plan to travel to Halifax at the end of August.

Does everything look okay, or have I missed something?

Two more questions:-
1) When should I enter information in ArriveCAN app?
2) Will I be able to open my bank account in Toronto or would I have to go to Halifax (i.e. where my university is located)?

Annamusam

Nov 17, 2020
I am an international student from India (currently in my second year and taking 1 Summer course) enrolled at a university in Halifax, Nova Scotia, and will be travelling to Canada for the first time. I have booked a flight for 1st August to Doha, Qatar where I will do the RTPCR test and then fly to Toronto. I have all these immigration documents: study permit approval letter, passport, medical, admission letter, transcript and financial docs. I will quarantine in my aunt's house in Brampton, Ontario. I plan to travel to Halifax at the end of August.

Does everything look okay, or have I missed something?

Two more questions:-
1) When should I enter information in ArriveCAN app?
2) Will I be able to open my bank account in Toronto or would I have to go to Halifax (i.e. where my university is located)?
Doha has started quarantine plan right? did u check?