+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling to canada form different country where pr was issued

Alsalma

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
Hello friends,
I am wondering of it s okey to travel to canada from a different country than mine and where the visa was issued. Am from morocco and I find to he really expensive from here, would it he okey to book a flight to somewhere in europe than from europe to canada ? Am planning to stay sometime in europe in between.. will the visa officer insist on the countey of departure ? Might sound silly to ask but I don't want to risk without getting your opinions! Thank you in advance :)

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
It shouldn't matter, you can travel from anywhere in the world, as long as you land in Canada. Make sure you have a travel visa to the country you are going to first mind you.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
If breaking your trip in Europe you will of course I believe need a Schengen region visa if via a Schengen area country so assume you have applied for the same. As russ6970 says it is irrelevant where your flight to Canada arrives from as long you arrive before your COPR expires and if a PNP applicant you arrive in the PNP province or at least have proof of onward travel.