+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling out of Canada after applying for CEC(Inland)

Takita

May 12, 2021
B1/B2 works fine.
Follow up question, Since I live across Detroit, Is B1/B2 visa fine to travel to Detroit to catch International flight meaning if I book round fare tickets from Detroit and cross US-Canada border via Road using B1/B2 with Canada Work permit would be fine??

rshangle

Star Member
Jan 21, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Follow up question, Since I live across Detroit, Is B1/B2 visa fine to travel to Detroit to catch International flight meaning if I book round fare tickets from Detroit and cross US-Canada border via Road using B1/B2 with Canada Work permit would be fine??
Do you already live in US, or you will be traveling to US and then crossing Canada via road on your work permit?
If you have a valid B1/B2 visa, yyou can travel to US. For traveling to Canada, you need a valid TRV if you have a temporary status.

Reactions: Takita

hooper

Aug 20, 2022
Do you already live in US, or you will be traveling to US and then crossing Canada via road on your work permit?
If you have a valid B1/B2 visa, yyou can travel to US. For traveling to Canada, you need a valid TRV if you have a temporary status.
And my assumption based on your earlier responses is that I will be able to pass through land border with a COPR.

Takita

May 12, 2021
I live & work in Canada on ICT Work Permit. Moved from US in Jul 2021, went to H1B Stamping in Sep 2021 in Toronto (H1B valid until end of 2023, I140 approved). Previous H1B stamping was in Ottawa in 2017. Not moving to work for US employer. Have ICT work permit valid until 2024 along w/ TRV. PR in progress AOR stage.

Planning to cross land border to travel via DTW and return via same route.