+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling on Implied Status

Bec2470

Oct 2, 2017
Hi, I have just been asked for all my photographs and copies of my passport to be sent to Ottawa. My current visa has just expired and my bridging visa has not been approved. I have trip planned to go into the USA and am wondering if I will have any trouble returning to Canada as my work visa has expired and my PR status has not changed nor my bridging visa been approved. All applications are in, is this enough for re-entry?
Thanks! :)

Binabik

Star Member
Aug 15, 2017
Canada
By leaving Canada you will automatically lose implied status and thus won't be able to work anymore, at least until you receive your PR/BOWP. This said you can re-enter to Canada as a visitor.

If your CoPR is issued during your stay in the US, you could ask a friend/relative to send it to you by courier, so that you can land as a PR when you come back.

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi, I have just been asked for all my photographs and copies of my passport to be sent to Ottawa. My current visa has just expired and my bridging visa has not been approved. I have trip planned to go into the USA and am wondering if I will have any trouble returning to Canada as my work visa has expired and my PR status has not changed nor my bridging visa been approved. All applications are in, is this enough for re-entry?
Thanks! :)
Hi

As said above, you will lose Implied Status and be allowed entry as a visitor. You will not be able to work until your BOWP is approved or until after landing as a PR, whichever comes first.