+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling From India to Toronto

sajjunaqvi

Jan 28, 2023
Hi, In Feb I am traveling from India to Toronto with family. I am on a work permit and my mother is on a visit visa.
1) So, wanted to know, will I be asked (by officers) to show or expect carry any money (cash/account statements/traveler's cheque / etc).
2) And how much cash in CAD one carry?

thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, In Feb I am traveling from India to Toronto with family. I am on a work permit and my mother is on a visit visa.
1) So, wanted to know, will I be asked (by officers) to show or expect carry any money (cash/account statements/traveler's cheque / etc).

thanks
2) As much as you want - if over $10,000, you will need to complete a paper form to declare.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

thanks
When do your studies start? If they start in May then you have arrived very early so you can be asked to show additional savings to support yourself and your family(do you have children and a spouse?) since you will not be able to work until you start classes. There are students who get denied entry so would also have a reason why you needed to travel so early if you studies start in May. Most winter session start in January but there may be a program with a different schedule. Your mother should show a return ticket and can be asked to show that she has enough savings to support herself.