+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling End of October, Applied for PR Renewal Today

Ayron

Jul 19, 2023
Hey guys,
Unfortunately I was only able to finish and submit my application today online for a PR card renewal.
I was wondering about how long the overall process was for you guys, including the first day you applied online until the day you received your card in the mail?
I still have until October 22nd to receive my PR card giving me exactly 95 days to wait which is about 3 months. I'm very worried that I won't be able to receive it on time as I am travelling outside of Canada to visit family.
I've heard from friends and some family that it only took them 2 months and a few weeks until they received their PR cards in the mail. I'm hoping it's the same for me.
If not, I'm afraid my only chance back into Canada is by applying for a PRTD once I'm out the country as I heard that I can't apply for a PRTD while inside Canada.
However, I'm only outside the country for about 6 weeks then I will need to come back to Canada to start resume working again.
Is there a way I can expedite a PRTD Application and get one on time before I have to come back to Canada? Or would I just be stuck in another country for longer than I might anticipate?
Thanks for taking your time to read and answer! I'm legit freaking out.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,
Unfortunately I was only able to finish and submit my application today online for a PR card renewal.
I was wondering about how long the overall process was for you guys, including the first day you applied online until the day you received your card in the mail?
I still have until October 22nd to receive my PR card giving me exactly 95 days to wait which is about 3 months. I'm very worried that I won't be able to receive it on time as I am travelling outside of Canada to visit family.
I've heard from friends and some family that it only took them 2 months and a few weeks until they received their PR cards in the mail. I'm hoping it's the same for me.
If not, I'm afraid my only chance back into Canada is by applying for a PRTD once I'm out the country as I heard that I can't apply for a PRTD while inside Canada.
However, I'm only outside the country for about 6 weeks then I will need to come back to Canada to start resume working again.
Is there a way I can expedite a PRTD Application and get one on time before I have to come back to Canada? Or would I just be stuck in another country for longer than I might anticipate?
Thanks for taking your time to read and answer! I'm legit freaking out.
At least a few people have been successful applying for a PRTD while still in Canada:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/prtd-application-submitted-in-canada-success-story.794260/

NOBODY can forecast how long it will take for you to receive your PR Card, or a PRTD for that matter.

If you do not receive either, you might consider returning to Canada via the closest U.S. airport to your nearest land PoE. You do NOT need a valid PR Card or a PRTD to enter Canada at a land crossing, but need to be in a personal vehicle, or on foot. The valid Pr Card is ONLY a requirement of a commercial carrier to `bring' you to Canada. You don't actually ENTER Canada until you encounter CBSA and are then allowed to enter.