+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling after citizenship

tazbed

May 4, 2021
Does anyone know if you can travel after getting the citizenship certificate and apply for a passport for the first time in a Canadian embassy abroad?

YANmexicana

Aug 27, 2017
Category........
FSW
Does anyone know if you can travel after getting the citizenship certificate and apply for a passport for the first time in a Canadian embassy abroad?
Did you manage to apply for abroad? I am in a similar situation and would love to have some advice on wether its possible. I appreciate your help on this.

tazbed

May 4, 2021
Did you manage to apply for abroad? I am in a similar situation and would love to have some advice on wether its possible. I appreciate your help on this.
I did not. I am still actually waiting for my application, still in progress.

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017
do not take risk or donkey route you never know what kind face problem for passport apply abroad- yes u can

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
Technically yes you can, but don’t hold members of this forum responsible if you face issues!

as per the process of passport it covers the scenario of person applying outside Canada. It’s like renewing your country’s passport while you were in Canada as PR.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
No issues, as long as you apply with all required documents and follow the embassy’s instructions
(You can email the consular section for detailed instructions before applying).