+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling 4 days after oath ceremony

travel123

Nov 19, 2019
Hi friends,

I have a dilemma, not sure what my best option is here.
I just received my oath ceremony email, which is on December 2nd in the morning.
However, i have previous travel arrangements to travel to Asia for a few months. I am travelling on the 6th of December.

Now, i know one option is to email CIC and have my oath ceremony postponed.
however, is it possible for me to get the oath ceremony and then apply for urgent processing of my passport so that I can have it ready by the 6th of December? (My flight is late at night)

The Oath invitation mentioned that before applying for a passport I must wait two business days after the ceremony for them to confirm in their system that I am now a Canadian citizen.

So based on the above, if I were to attend my oath ceremony, could I go and apply for my passport on the 5th December so that it can be ready by the 6th?

Thanks!

aeropostale

Sep 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friends,

I just received my oath ceremony email, which is on December 2nd in the morning.
However, i have previous travel arrangements to travel to Asia for a few months. I am travelling on the 6th of December.

however, is it possible for me to get the oath ceremony and then apply for urgent processing of my passport so that I can have it ready by the 6th of December? (My flight is late at night)

The Oath invitation mentioned that before applying for a passport I must wait two business days after the ceremony for them to confirm in their system that I am now a Canadian citizen.

So based on the above, if I were to attend my oath ceremony, could I go and apply for my passport on the 5th December so that it can be ready by the 6th?

Thanks!
Congratulation travel123 on your Citizenship Oath.

Many here have applied for passport as soon as it states as "Completed" on ECAS. Which is usually within 24-36 hrs post oath ceremony.
you can have your passport application ready and submit for urgent processing with your flight details. You will receive your passport within the next 24 hrs.

I'm sharing what I have read from experiences from many in this forum.

The only concern would be if you need a visa to the country that you maybe flying to for Canadians. no worries if its a visa free country for Canadian passport holder.

Reactions: travel123

travel123

Nov 19, 2019
Congratulation travel123 on your Citizenship Oath.

Many here have applied for passport as soon as it states as "Completed" on ECAS. Which is usually within 24-36 hrs post oath ceremony.
you can have your passport application ready and submit for urgent processing with your flight details. You will receive your passport within the next 24 hrs.

I'm sharing what I have read from experiences from many in this forum.

The only concern would be if you need a visa to the country that you maybe flying to for Canadians. no worries if its a visa free country for Canadian passport holder.

Thank you aeropostale!

That is good to hear, I am leaning towards this option as well.
Visa to the destination country is not an issue

Thanks

Aby444

Oct 10, 2014
Abuja
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16 - 05- 2016
LANDED..........
JUNE 26, 2016
Hi friends,

Thanks!

Have your oath ceremony and keep checking your ecas. The minute it says complete apply for your passport urgently. I have a friend who applied for her passport in the morning and got it before 4pm - same day.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
I may be in this situation so am just wondering, can I apply for passport at a friends address in case it doesn’t arrive in time then I can have them FedEx the passport?

Or is this not permitted under the not your own address, do not mail passports or any other rule?

I did mention my travel dates at test but they may think oh well this is a few days before so no problem!

vinayreddy

Star Member
Nov 10, 2019
hello experts , one question . do we need to wait for citizenship ceritificate to apply for Passport ? or just wait until ECAS status changed to 'Complete'?

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
hello experts , one question . do we need to wait for citizenship ceritificate to apply for Passport ? or just wait until ECAS status changed to 'Complete'?
Yes, you do. Check the list of docs necessary for passport application. They won't accept it w/out proof of Cship which is your certificate. The thread above is pre-pandemic when certificates were handed out right after the ceremony