+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelled from Hyd to Toronto on Feb 4th- My experience

Feb 6, 2021
Hi, this forum has helped me a lot I have been a silent spectator for a while and just wanted to write down my experience so it might help someone. I know its awfully long skip the parts you don't need :)

Hyderbad Airport: So here it goes, I tarvelled in Air India on Feb 4th From Hyd-Delhi and Delhi-Toronto. My flight took off from the new terminal at Hyd airport and I had to present my covid test report that I took within 72 hours of my departure to enter (make sure you get the test done from a certified clinic or it wont be accepted) and no questions were asked at the check-in counter he just asked me if I was a student and I said yes and checked in my luggage, they will give you a self declaration form that you need to submit at the check in counter. Procced to the immigration basic questions were asked like why I was travelling to Canada what course was I going to study and how long is the course for, immigration done in Hyderabad, flew to delhi. Keep your covid report handy along with the boarding pass it will be asked multiple times.

Delhi Airport: They will again do a security check and then you proceed to board the flight, my flight was full and it was supposed to leave at 3:30am but left at 5:00am. Landed in Toronto at 9:30am.

Toronto Airport: After I landed they asked Canadian citizens and PR’s to exit first and then they let the students out. *** REGISTER IN THIS URL https://portal.switchhealth.ca/ you will get a confirmation email keep it, doing this before hand will save you a lot of time after you land they will ask you a million times in the airport if you have done it. ARRIVECAN is a must download the app on your phone and enter all the details and keep the app ready before you go to immigration you can do it as soon as you booked your tickets. They will give you a self declaration form and a customs form in the flight before you exit the flight fill it and keep it safe.

In the immigration I was asked passport, self declaration form and customs card. Questions I was asked:
  • Is this your first time in Canada?
  • Why are you here?
  • What course are you in?
  • How many bags have you checked in?
  • What’s in your bags?
  • Where are you going to stay?
  • What kind of an accommodation is it is it a flat or a house?
Then you proceed to a different room where you will wait in queue for the student permit to be printed upon calling there will be a second round of interview. Questions I was asked:
  • Give me your passport, customs card, college acceptance letter, fee receipt and ARRIVECAN
  • What are you here for?
  • How long is the course for?
  • What are you planning to do after the course?
They asked me to wait for another 5 minutes and gave me my permit.

Documents I carried: College offer letter, enrolment letter, fee receipt, college insurance card, quarantine plan, Letter of introduction. I was only asked for college acceptance letter, fee receipt and ARRIVECAN but you carry whatever documentation you have. After that you collect your baggage proceed for a covid test and exit. They allowed me to go to my place of quarantine hotel quarantine has not been implemented yet. Covid test report will be mailed to you in a couple of days. It took me around 3 hours for the whole process. Again this is my personal experience it might be different for others please be prepared in your own way. All the best!

j8naid

Jun 25, 2020
Hi, this forum has helped me a lot I have been a silent spectator for a while and just wanted to write down my experience so it might help someone. I know its awfully long skip the parts you don't need :)

Hyderbad Airport: So here it goes, I tarvelled in Air India on Feb 4th From Hyd-Delhi and Delhi-Toronto. My flight took off from the new terminal at Hyd airport and I had to present my covid test report that I took within 72 hours of my departure to enter (make sure you get the test done from a certified clinic or it wont be accepted) and no questions were asked at the check-in counter he just asked me if I was a student and I said yes and checked in my luggage, they will give you a self declaration form that you need to submit at the check in counter. Procced to the immigration basic questions were asked like why I was travelling to Canada what course was I going to study and how long is the course for, immigration done in Hyderabad, flew to delhi. Keep your covid report handy along with the boarding pass it will be asked multiple times.

Delhi Airport: They will again do a security check and then you proceed to board the flight, my flight was full and it was supposed to leave at 3:30am but left at 5:00am. Landed in Toronto at 9:30am.

Toronto Airport: After I landed they asked Canadian citizens and PR’s to exit first and then they let the students out. *** REGISTER IN THIS URL https://portal.switchhealth.ca/ you will get a confirmation email keep it, doing this before hand will save you a lot of time after you land they will ask you a million times in the airport if you have done it. ARRIVECAN is a must download the app on your phone and enter all the details and keep the app ready before you go to immigration you can do it as soon as you booked your tickets. They will give you a self declaration form and a customs form in the flight before you exit the flight fill it and keep it safe.

In the immigration I was asked passport, self declaration form and customs card. Questions I was asked:
  • Why are you here?
  • What’s in your bags?
Then you proceed to a different room where you will wait in queue for the student permit to be printed upon calling there will be a second round of interview. Questions I was asked:
  • Give me your passport, customs card, college acceptance letter, fee receipt and ARRIVECAN
  • What are you here for?

Documents I carried: College offer letter, enrolment letter, fee receipt, college insurance card, quarantine plan, Letter of introduction. I was only asked for college acceptance letter, fee receipt and ARRIVECAN but you carry whatever documentation you have. After that you collect your baggage proceed for a covid test and exit. They allowed me to go to my place of quarantine hotel quarantine has not been implemented yet. Covid test report will be mailed to you in a couple of days. It took me around 3 hours for the whole process. Again this is my personal experience it might be different for others please be prepared in your own way. All the best!
Thank you for that!

Reactions: CanadaStudent26

Nvd

Star Member
Jan 23, 2021

• Why are you here?
  • What’s in your bags?
  • What are you here for?

What u said after they asked what are you planning to do after the course

Roohiez

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
Category........
STUDY

• Why are you here?
  • What’s in your bags?
  • What are you here for?

Hi. Thank you for sharing your experience. Where did you get your covid test from in Hyderabad?

Feb 6, 2021
Hi. Thank you for sharing your experience. Where did you get your covid test from in Hyderabad?
Contact your local diagnostic centres and tell them you are flying to Canada and you need a certificate from approved clinics they will tell you. I got it done from Acclin.

Reactions: Roohiez