+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Traveling with travel document and without PR

Smsm10

Dec 22, 2017
hi. My friend is planning to travel to Mexico yet he does not know if he needs a PR to enter. He is a refugee in Canada and he’s awaiting his PR card. Do you know anyone who entered Mexico with the travel document and without a PR? If not, do you know which country that will allow him to enter without a PR?

jman25

Jul 27, 2017
hi. My friend is planning to travel to Mexico yet he does not know if he needs a PR to enter. He is a refugee in Canada and he’s awaiting his PR card. Do you know anyone who entered Mexico with the travel document and without a PR? If not, do you know which country that will allow him to enter without a PR?
yes he can use only his travel document to enter Mexico and come back, he doesn't need a PR card

Smsm10

Dec 22, 2017
yes he can use only his travel document to enter Mexico and come back, he doesn't need a PR card
Thank you for the fast reply.
I just read this comment in another thread and I am so confused. Do you personally know someone who made it to Mexico without a PR?

if you are PR of Canada you do not need visa to Mexico , but if you have only Canadian refugee travel document without PR you do need visa to Mexico
and Bahamas and Panama are same as Mexico.
https://embamex.sre.gob.mx/canada/index.php/en/notices/11506-entryrequirements

jman25

Jul 27, 2017
Thank you for the fast reply.
I just read this comment in another thread and I am so confused. Do you personally know someone who made it to Mexico without a PR?
Yup! he came back last week from Cancun; he only used his Travel Document