+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Traveling with expire Medical.

Irfan995

Star Member
Jul 25, 2020
Hello all,

My medical has expired and IRCC sent me a letter where they mentioned that our record show that you have expired medical u do it again. After 10 days they sent me another letter and mentioned that our record show that your medical is valid you don’t need to do it again. What i do now ? Should i take it again ?

Thanks

inkpot

Star Member
May 22, 2019
Hello all,

My medical has expired and IRCC sent me a letter where they mentioned that our record show that you have expired medical u do it again. After 10 days they sent me another letter and mentioned that our record show that your medical is valid you don’t need to do it again. What i do now ? Should i take it again ?

Thanks
When did you have the medical exam last time? It's valid for 12 months as per IRCC.

sudi

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Hi All,

My cousin is a International Student studying master in Canada, she did entry the country last Dec 2020 but today received an email stating that medical is due to expire in Jun 2021 & kindly redo the medical.

But she is already in canada any suggestions please....

PHILIP JOHN

Dec 22, 2020
My medicals is going to expire on June 18. Now upfront medicals are suspended in india. What should I do? Will I get notification for redo medical soon after it expired?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hi All,

My cousin is a International Student studying master in Canada, she did entry the country last Dec 2020 but today received an email stating that medical is due to expire in Jun 2021 & kindly redo the medical.

But she is already in canada any suggestions please....
She should send a webform to ask for clarity. She should not require medicals anymore, unless she is applying for another stream of permit? Perhaps the mail was auto-generated and bulk sent. They probably thought she is still outside of the country like most students affected by the restrictions.

JeannieC

May 20, 2021
Hi all,

I was rejected to get on board on Monday with an invalid document due to medical expired and the reason explained by the border was my visa not reactivated. I kept pushing IRCC and now the status changed to “ document is valid” on my GCkey. Does it mean my visa has been reactivated? Am I allow to travel now? Do I need to wait a further letter/document from IRCC ( I think it may take another long period to receive this)?

thanks

PHILIP JOHN

Dec 22, 2020
Hi all,

I was rejected to get on board on Monday with an invalid document due to medical expired and the reason explained by the border was my visa not reactivated. I kept pushing IRCC and now the status changed to “ document is valid” on my GCkey. Does it mean my visa has been reactivated? Am I allow to travel now? Do I need to wait a further letter/document from IRCC ( I think it may take another long period to receive this)?

thanks
How much time it takes to change the status from invalid to valid?

sangar_si

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hi all,

thanks
How long did it take? And how did you push IRCC? What mode of contact did you use?

sangar_si

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
How much time it takes to change the status from invalid to valid?
I just checked now and it seems my document validity was updated on 19/5/2021. It started showing my "document is valid". So it went from "Document is invalid" to "Document is valid". I submitted my medical on 24/4/2021.

Reactions: inkpot

inkpot

Star Member
May 22, 2019
I just checked now and it seems my document validity was updated on 19/5/2021. It started showing my "document is valid". So it went from "Document is invalid" to "Document is valid". I submitted my medical on 24/4/2021.
Did you have to submit any document/ webform after redoing the medical? And was your UCI/ counterfoil valid when you did the medical again?

Last edited:

sangar_si

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Did you have to submit any document/ webform after redoing the medical? And was your UCI/ counterfoil valid when you did the medical again?
I did submit the e-medical copy via webform but I doubt if that had any impact at all. I did my medical as soon as I got an email from ircc. By then my counterfoil was still valid. Then in a few days it went from valid to invalid and now on 19th it reads valid now.