+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Traveling to outside canada but confuse- critical situation

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Also, i tried yesterday to fillup the form for passport submission at vfs india but they are asking for individual letter for each applicant, but i have only one letter. So can i submit same letter for both applicant (me and my wife)?
No need to fill out any application until already in India. Have replied to the email you got confirming that you were in Canada and explained that you are going to India on November X so you want to cancel your virtual landing. At the moment you are in line for virtual landing and there is still a good chance you will get virtual landing. Also because you have selected virtual landing IRCC is probably waiting for you to get virtual landing before sending out a passport request and instructions for your spouse. You can’t submit your passport for stamping until you have received the request to submit your passport and the instructions on what to do. How do you know that you will both have stamped passports or a PRTD in a month? Can you change flight times if required without a large fee?

Mramav

Nov 16, 2023
I am travelling within 3 days and letter date expire on 3dec. So may be i need to book appointment now so i can get appointment date to submit passport. I am coming back on 1 week of January but that i can manage if something happened.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am travelling within 3 days and letter date expire on 3dec. So may be i need to book appointment now so i can get appointment date to submit passport. I am coming back on 1 week of January but that i can manage if something happened.
Have you replied to the email saying that you are going to India and do not want virtual landing???? You need to try and stop the virtual landing although it may not be possible. You confirmed that you would be in Canada and so IRCC may also be extremely confused as to why your passport is in India if you have not contacted them. You could get virtual landing even after submitted your passport. If the letter date expires on the 3rd for your spouse to submit their own passport then you will get virtual landing first. Even if you submit your passport in India if you already got virtual landing they will just return your passport unstamped. Your passport doesn’t get stamped as soon as you submit it it can take another week or so and there is plenty of time to receive virtual landing. During holiday many of the offices shut down and the offices in India are already on limited staffing so if you get virtual landing you must apply for PRTD asap to have any chance of being able to fly home in January on your scheduled flight.

Mramav

Nov 16, 2023
Have you replied to the email saying that you are going to India and do not want virtual landing???? You need to try and stop the virtual landing although it may not be possible. You confirmed that you would be in Canada and so IRCC may also be extremely confused as to why your passport is in India if you have not contacted them. You could get virtual landing even after submitted your passport. If the letter date expires on the 3rd for your spouse to submit their own passport then you will get virtual landing first. Even if you submit your passport in India if you already got virtual landing they will just return your passport unstamped. Your passport doesn’t get stamped as soon as you submit it it can take another week or so and there is plenty of time to receive virtual landing. During holiday many of the offices shut down and the offices in India are already on limited staffing so if you get virtual landing you must apply for PRTD asap to have any chance of being able to fly home in January on your scheduled flight.