+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Traveling to outside canada but confuse- critical situation

Mramav

Nov 16, 2023
Hello,
I am in canada right now and my wife ( she never been in canada before)is in india and we applied for pr application togather and now I received email and subject of this email is “ready for visa” so, my wife need to submit passport within 30 days to vfs india to get pr visa to travel canda and i already send email to ircc and inform them my uci, last entry date canda and also told them i am in canada right now , but still I didn’t received any portal 1 or confirmation email from ircc. I can only see my copr number on tracker, i dont have any pdf for copr or any email from ircc other than this ready for visa email, so can i travel to india after sending this email to ircc? And if yes then i am eligible to enter canada? I have valid work permit and trv but, i dont know my workpermit cancle automatically after receiving this email from ircc. And if my workpermit and trv is not valid more them next week i am going to india so should i also need to send my passport to vfs togather with my wife to get pr visa stamp?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,
I am in canada right now and my wife ( she never been in canada before)is in india and we applied for pr application togather and now I received email and subject of this email is “ready for visa” so, my wife need to submit passport within 30 days to vfs india to get pr visa to travel canda and i already send email to ircc and inform them my uci, last entry date canda and also told them i am in canada right now , but still I didn’t received any portal 1 or confirmation email from ircc. I can only see my copr number on tracker, i dont have any pdf for copr or any email from ircc other than this ready for visa email, so can i travel to india after sending this email to ircc? And if yes then i am eligible to enter canada? I have valid work permit and trv but, i dont know my workpermit cancle automatically after receiving this email from ircc. And if my workpermit and trv is not valid more them next week i am going to india so should i also need to send my passport to vfs togather with my wife to get pr visa stamp?
If you get virtual landing email while in India you will be stuck in India and need to apply for a PRTD to return to Canada. Your WP and TRV will get cancelled at a certain point when you become a PR. Your last email confirmed that you are in Canada which means you will get virtual landing.

Mramav

Nov 16, 2023
So i got one email and in first paragraph it say

The processing of your application is almost complete. To move forward in processing, please refer to the instructions below to submit passports from your family member(s) abroad. IRCC will contact you soon with next steps for processing your (the principal applicant) COPR from inside Canada.”
And in section b
  1. “If you are currently in Canada:
You are not required to submit your passport and will be landed virtually. Please advise our office viawithin 5 days of receipt of this letter if you and/or any of your dependents are in Canada. Please include each person’s name/UCI and where they are currently staying/residing (in Canada or overseas). “

so i already email them and let them know, i am in canada but i am now going to india next week. So if theh sent me an virtual landing email i have to answer in 30 days or no? And mean time i can travel?
Or as soon as j reached india, me and my wife both send our passport for pr visa to vfs india ? Is it possible?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So i got one email and in first paragraph it say

The processing of your application is almost complete. To move forward in processing, please refer to the instructions below to submit passports from your family member(s) abroad. IRCC will contact you soon with next steps for processing your (the principal applicant) COPR from inside Canada.”
And in section b
  1. “If you are currently in Canada:
You are not required to submit your passport and will be landed virtually. Please advise our office viawithin 5 days of receipt of this letter if you and/or any of your dependents are in Canada. Please include each person’s name/UCI and where they are currently staying/residing (in Canada or overseas). “

so i already email them and let them know, i am in canada but i am now going to india next week. So if theh sent me an virtual landing email i have to answer in 30 days or no? And mean time i can travel?
Or as soon as j reached india, me and my wife both send our passport for pr visa to vfs india ? Is it possible?

You are already in line for virtual landing. The email asking you to confirm whether you were in Canada is basically a confirmation that you will have virtual landing. You can attempt to email them and cancel the virtual landing but there are no guarantees that the message will be received before you are sent the virtual landing. If you get virtual landing while in India you will probably need a PRTD to be able to fly back to Canada because TRVs and WPs get cancelled when you get PR although there may be a slight delay but that isn’t t guaranteed. It could take many weeks to get the PRTD. It isn’t as simple as sending your passport when you get to India because you have confirmed that you are in Canada so you are in line to receive virtual landing.

Reactions: YVR123 and Mramav

Mramav

Nov 16, 2023
1)My wife anyhow needs to submit her passport, because she is in india. So, she can travel to canada with me?
2) so, i am in line of virtual landing right now. So when they send me email for portal 1 at that time my wp and trv canclled or once i replyed to that email, after that my wp and trv got canceled?

Mramav

Nov 16, 2023
Also can you please tell me the difference between portal request and virtual lending.
I am so confuse because i heard different thing from every person.
Someone who told me to , i can submit my passport alnog with my wife passport at vfs india with same letter ,as soon as you reached there and both can come to-gather into canada. So i can do that?
Also other person told me i can not submit my passport to india because i am inland application so, they told me, I can travel but you have to come back as soon as you get the portal request. And give answer to that portal after coming to canada or you can answer that portal from india to

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Also can you please tell me the difference between portal request and virtual lending.
Someone who told me to , i can submit my passport alnog with my wife passport at vfs india with same letter ,as soon as you reached there and both can come to-gather into canada. So i can do that?
Also other person told me i can not submit my passport to india because i am inland application so, they told me, I can travel but you have to come back as soon as you get the portal request. And give answer to that portal after coming to canada or you can answer that portal from india to
BOTH are correct. If you can inform IRCC on time to cancel virtual landing (portal 1, portal 2, then eCOPR), then you could change yours to do passport submission in India with your depedent.
The second way is to return with your current work and visitor visa to complete the rest of virtual landing process. Then after you get the eCOPR (the last step of virtual landing), then your wife can submit her passport for stamping (actually I don't know if she needs to wait... or she can submit but DO NOT travel until you offically landed as PR with eCOPR).

The "you are an inland application" part, I am not sure. Because I do not know what route you applied for PR. (maybe some required you to stay inland.. )

Mramav

Nov 16, 2023
I applied on master stream pnp and then non express entry. So,if i inform ircc and cancle virtual landing and then submit our passport there , after we both can trvel , i think so. Otherwise my wife cannot travel with me to canada until i come back and get e copr.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I applied on master stream pnp and then non express entry. So,if i inform ircc and cancle virtual landing and then submit our passport there , after we both can trvel , i think so. Otherwise my wife cannot travel with me to canada until i come back and get e copr.
I am NOT saying that getting PPR and getting the passport stamp will be FAST.

Mramav

Nov 16, 2023
Ok Thank you for information and your guidance. Do you any idea about processing time for visa stamp in india?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You can only submit your passport if you don’t get virtual landing before the passport gets stamped. Virtual landing is confirmation that you are a PR and it is supposed to happen within Canada which is why you were asked to confirm your location. If abroad you get landing as a PR when you arrive at the Canadian border with your COPR document. If you get virtual landing while in India you will likely need a PRTD (permanent resident travel document) because you will not have received your PR card yet and as a PR you need a PR card or PRTD to fly into Canada. There is a small chance your TRV will still be valid but you can’t count on that and chances are the TRV will get cancelled very soon after when you get PR status approved. If you get virtual landing while in India you can travel to Canada with your wife if she gets her passport stamped and you get a PRTD. The big issue is all this can take weeks. Do you and your spouse have flight going to Canada and when are the flights? If you want to try to prevent your virtual landing send a reply to the same email asap saying that you are going to India next week and do not want virtual landing. The length of your trip also has implications on your situation. How long will you be in India and do you already have flights purchased for yo? For your spouse? Wouldn’t recommend purchasing flights before you have your stamped passport.

Mramav

Nov 16, 2023
Yes, i already purchased flight ticket for both. I have flight in 4 days and coming after month.

Mramav

Nov 16, 2023
Also, i tried yesterday to fillup the form for passport submission at vfs india but they are asking for individual letter for each applicant, but i have only one letter. So can i submit same letter for both applicant (me and my wife)?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Also, i tried yesterday to fillup the form for passport submission at vfs india but they are asking for individual letter for each applicant, but i have only one letter. So can i submit same letter for both applicant (me and my wife)?
The letter should say submit passports for the principal applicant and all dependents. This is standard practice for PR applications. For some reason only the Indian VFs offices (as far as I'm aware) seem to have difficulty with understanding this - but they will accept them.