+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Traveling to Canada using Visitor Visa for applying PGWP

arunes

May 8, 2018
Hello Friends.

I am from India who pursued post-graduate studies in BC through a study permit. My study permit was set to expire on July 31, 2021. Hence, I extended my permit (currently valid till 30 November 2021). Further, I also applied for an extension of my student visa. Upon applying for an extension of my study visa, I received a visitor visa (applied from Canada and stamped in India). In June 2021, I had to come back to India after my father died due to COVID 19. Further, on August 31, 2021, I completed my post-graduate program online.

I am still in India and my current plan is to travel back to Canada using my visitor visa, apply for my Post Graduate Work Permit, and continue in my part-time job. Also, I need to attend my graduation ceremony scheduled for November 6th, 2021. Currently, I have a valid visitor visa (expires on 2028), a valid study permit (expires on 30 November 2021), and a course completion letter. Further, I am also fully vaccinated. In this scenario, is it possible for me to enter Canada using a visitor visa? If it is not the case, then I am planning to apply for my Post Graduation Work Permit outside of Canada (it takes 6-7 months for approval). Seeking guidance in this regard.
Thanking you.