+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Traveling outside Canada

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
Dear members
Is traveling outside Canada for 30 days exact to visit family is ok while sponsorship application is in progress ?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear members
Is traveling outside Canada for 30 days exact to visit family is ok while sponsorship application is in progress ?
Did you submit an Inland or Outland application?

Do you have legal status in Canada?

Inland applicants are required to remain in Canada during the process, although some have been successful in leaving for a short period of time (usually a week or two), but because they risk being possibly denied re-entry back into Canada, many remain.

Ouland applicants do not have that same requirement.

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
Did you submit an Inland or Outland application?

Do you have legal status in Canada?

Inland applicants are required to remain in Canada during the process, although some have been successful in leaving for a short period of time (usually a week or two), but because they risk being possibly denied re-entry back into Canada, many remain.

Ouland applicants do not have that same requirement.
Hello thanks for the response . I applied Outland . My wife is in Pakistan and I want to visit her for 1 month . I have seen people saying maximum time is 3 weeks, will extra 1 week create problem ?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello thanks for the response . I applied Outland . My wife is in Pakistan and I want to visit her for 1 month . I have seen people saying maximum time is 3 weeks, will extra 1 week create problem ?
It's up to you to take the risk. No one knows exactly how many days/weeks it's going to be OK or not.

yoli85

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
So are you the PA or the Sponsor?

If you are the Sponsor and your wife is the PA who is in Pakistan, I don't see the problem of visiting her for a month.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
So are you the PA or the Sponsor?

If you are the Sponsor and your wife is the PA who is in Pakistan, I don't see the problem of visiting her for a month.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Yes that’s correct! I m a sponsor and want to visit for 4 weeks. Some People are saying maximum recommended time is 3 weeks . My problem is I already booked the ticket for 4 weeks

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Those are usually people referring to an Inland applicant. An outland sponsor is not required to remain in Canada during the process, so you should be ok.

yoli85

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Yes that’s correct! I m a sponsor and want to visit for 4 weeks. Some People are saying maximum recommended time is 3 weeks . My problem is I already booked the ticket for 4 weeks
That rule you've read about applies only to PA.
You'll be fine if you stay for four weeks but don't stay for much longer as you also have to maintain your continued residence here in Canada.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Those are usually people referring to an Inland applicant. An outland sponsor is not required to remain in Canada during the process, so you should be ok.
Citizen-sponsors can even reside outside Canada (although will need to show intent to return).

But sponsors who are PRs must reside in Canada, throughout the process. "Residing" is not defined, but govt says 'short trips' are ok. Short trips also not defined. Probably reasonable to conclude it means less than a month, but the risk is entirely on the sponsor and PA.

Reactions: canuck78 and Ponga

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
That’s incorrect. A sponsor who is a PR must remain in Canada while they sponsor someone. A short trip seems to be overlooked. I would limit the visit to 2-3 weeks.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There is no exact time limit that is overlooked. The directions are for PRs to remain in Canada during sponsorship. There have been many who leave without issue but others who get their application refused. Those are usually cases where PRs have been outside for longer than a month so there are pretty good chances you will be fine. If booking subsequent travel if sponsorship takes a long time would limit it to 2-3 weeks. Given that you’ve already booked your ticket it’s too late anyways.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
It’s fine, no issues
Have a great trip!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That’s incorrect. A sponsor who is a PR must remain in Canada while they sponsor someone. A short trip seems to be overlooked. I would limit the visit to 2-3 weeks.
Ok, I guess my statement was partially incorrect. A Canadian citizen who is a sponsor does not need to be tethered to Canada during the approval process. ;)