+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Traveling outside Canada as a student

AhmedAlagha

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
Hello,

Are there any restrictions regarding the duration I can stay outside Canada as a student?
I'm a research-based graduate student, and my work would not be affected by my travel (also my supervisor has authorized this, and I will maintain my full-time status in the university).
My plan is to travel for 6 months, do you think this could affect my study permit?

ElenaEagleEye

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
Hello,

Are there any restrictions regarding the duration I can stay outside Canada as a student?
I'm a research-based graduate student, and my work would not be affected by my travel (also my supervisor has authorized this, and I will maintain my full-time status in the university).
My plan is to travel for 6 months, do you think this could affect my study permit?

Is this travel related to your research?
When I did my research I left Canada for almost 1.5 months. However, during that time I was not eligible for any employment within the University because I was outside of Canada.
If your university is allowing this, then I guess it's fine.
Plus, If you are not taking any courses in the upcoming semester(s) even better!

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hello,

make sure your visa is valid for re-entry to canada