+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Traveling experience to Canada from India on SOWP as travel restrictions are in place

Rick2212

May 4, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
I have a LMIA exempt visa & job offer from an established company. Will I be allowed to take non-vbm flight?
I have booked lufthansa as no other air india flights were available.
Thanks in advance.
As per best of my knowledge you cannot travel on lufthansa as it is only for Canadian citizen and PR.
I think VBM or charter flight is your only option

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
I am in Canada on PGWP. I think visa chances all depends on documents submitted with file if she decides to apply for SOWP being a student then it is recommended that apply after finishing 1-2 semester of her studies.
Thanks man. Any particular reason for waiting 1 - 2 semester? Do you think the will refuse sowp and keep the couple separated with out sold ground?
When did you apply for your Sowp and how long did it take to get approval?

SNP0201

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
Thanks man. Any particular reason for waiting 1 - 2 semester? Do you think the will refuse sowp and keep the couple separated with out sold ground?
In my case, I applied for sowp within a week of my wife's landing in Canada and it got approved. As per my knowledge there is no particular timeframe to apply.

Reactions: Walle_007

Rick2212

May 4, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
In my case, I applied for sowp within a week of my wife's landing in Canada and it got approved. As per my knowledge there is no particular timeframe to apply.
Yes you are right there is no timeframe to apply but it is recommended so it is easy to prove you are genuine student as you can submit your grades from previous semester. Its all about making case stronger.

Rick2212

May 4, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
For me i applied 21 Feb offline and received approval 23 july 2020

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
So applying after a spouse is better than applying together when the spouse is applying for a study permit?

How long did it take you to get approved? Did you attach any extra documents to make your case stronger>?

SNP0201

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
So applying after a spouse is better than applying together when the spouse is applying for a study permit?

How long did it take you to get approved? Did you attach any extra documents to make your case stronger>?
1) yes, it's preferable.

2) I applied on 16th March and application approved on 7th July. For the document part from my wife's side were letter of acceptance, study permit, Gic docs and invitation letter.