+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Traveling Document

msalmanf

Jan 30, 2009
Hi

I have lived in canada 19 months from augest 2003 to april 2005 after which i have to pull back to my home country due to certain domestic issues(health of mother/father) and my PR cards was expired in augest 2008 apart from this factor i got some good apportunities in my back home and in Gulf all are good multinational companies so i started working with them.Now i have a plan to go back becouse my doughter are able to join school and we all want to setle there permenently.in order to reinstate my PR cards i heart that i need travel documents and i have residency obligation so how i will the form and what document i attached to get the travel document sucsefully .

thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you did not live in Canada for 24 months in the last 5 years, you have lost your PR status due to lack of interest to live in Canada. The only thing that would protect your PR status is if your spouse is a Canadian citizen or if you were working for a Canadian company.

You can try to apply for a travel document stating humane and compassionate reasons for not living in Canada during this time due to health of parents but no guarantee that you would be approved.

john5655

Jan 25, 2009
Salman

the requirements are fully explained here

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op10e.pdf

from what you say, you have little chance unless you can come up with proof, as Leon says, of special circumstances

that's why, when you initially get PR, they give you a clear warning about your residency obligations

msalmanf

Jan 30, 2009
My Wife is there with two doughter and birth is expected in june so if she get any letter from the doctor that expected date is june and she need me there for paternity so kindly tell me this type of leter is helpful for me for getting the travelling document.secondly i want to reach ther at the time of delivery so can i apply for visit visa if they are not concider the traveling document and what the procedure for visit visa in the sence that i have resedincy obligation in my PR

vinpar

Star Member
May 21, 2011
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
all sent with the initial file
Med's Request
cleared
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
Issued March
LANDED..........
May- June hopefully
Hi,
I have to apply for Travel Document from India, as I have not yet got the PR card. Need help with filling form IMM5524 and have some questions on how to fill.
I spent about 60 days since I landed in May 2012 and went back to India due to personal situation.

IMM5524.
Q15 - Time spent in canada for residency obligation.
Q16 is NO
Q17 is also NO. Do I need to fill the dates.
Q18 Do i need to fill at all??? I became a PR only 60 days ago in May 2012, and I have enough time to meet residency obligations? Will filling this section cause any confusion.