I'm sorry if this is the wrong thread, but it's the closest I could find. This is kind of a long question with lots of questions so I will divulge in some backstory and then number my questions. Thank you in advance! So, I moved to Canada back in March to be with my boyfriend and got a 6 month visitor's visa. I am currently waiting on my extension application to be approved (I'm American and on implied status since I applied for the extension back in June). We plan on sending in our sponsorship application as soon as March 3rd hits (aka, a year of common law). We know that once that application goes out I cannot leave the country for the whole duration of gaining permanent residence. Therefore, we wanted to try to visit Florida (where I come from) one more time prior to that. Possible around January-February. So here are my questions. 1. I was already told by someone who works in immigration that it is okay for me to travel and it wouldn't "reset" the common law process because what matters is that I spent most of the year in Canada. 2. What happens if I get stopped at the border and not allowed back in? Would I be able to try to get in again or would I get blacklisted at the border? 3. Follow-up to that, if I get denied entry, would we not be able to apply for sponsorship since I am out of the country? 4. If I were to go around Jan-Feb (my visa would re-expire March), should I still send in an extension application or would I just have to ask for the time I want to be in the country at re-entry? (Meaning, by leaving the country would the visa essentially reset?) I don't imagine I could ask for 6 months, leave at the 3 month mark and then come back to continue the rest of the stay. It would reset, correct?