+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel without eCOPR??

sekhon123

Nov 22, 2022
Hello,

Can we travel to India without eCOPR? as my PR application is approved also got portal request but still waiting for eCOPR since Oct 3, 2022.
Please advise on this if anyone know about this?

Tgaamd

Nov 19, 2022
I am the same situation. I contacted IRCC regarding this, but if you can not leave without copr documents. if you want to leave without, you have to inform IRCC regarding this. it's become a lengthy process.

gabbylock

Nov 28, 2022
I am the same situation. I contacted IRCC regarding this, but if you can not leave without copr documents. if you want to leave without, you have to inform IRCC regarding this. it's become a lengthy process.
Hello, were you able to talk to IRCC about this? I am still waiting for my ecopr but would like to leave Canada

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am on a same boat, i need to leave canada on april and i havn't received my COPR. Will we able to apply for TRPD?
No. You can only apply for this if you are already a PR.

If you leave, you'd have to be able to re-enter based on whatever other documents you already have.

Jan 12, 2023
No. You can only apply for this if you are already a PR.

If you leave, you'd have to be able to re-enter based on whatever other documents you already have.
Thank you for quick response brother. I have received an extension for work permit as per IRCC guidelines all PGWP holder can work until may 31st, can i use that to travel? If not can i use COPR to apply for TRPD when i'll travel? So many confusions here from IRCC.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you for quick response brother. I have received an extension for work permit as per IRCC guidelines all PGWP holder can work until may 31st, can i use that to travel? If not can i use COPR to apply for TRPD when i'll travel? So many confusions here from IRCC.
If you are a PR, you can apply for TRPD (if you can enter via USA you can enter by land with just the COPR).

If you are not a PR, you'll have to use whatever other document you have - if valid - and sorry, I know nothing about that.

Note, you must know whether you are a PR or not. Having a COPR does not mean you are a PR. (You have to have 'landed' either physically or virtually)

Mila_84

Star Member
Apr 4, 2020
If you are a PR, you can apply for TRPD (if you can enter via USA you can enter by land with just the COPR).

If you are not a PR, you'll have to use whatever other document you have - if valid - and sorry, I know nothing about that.

Note, you must know whether you are a PR or not. Having a COPR does not mean you are a PR. (You have to have 'landed' either physically or virtually)
Hello, I read the first part and it would be a helpful option. However, I haven’t heard anything about it before. I mean, if you got the ecopr and are waiting for the PR cards. Can you leave Canada and enter via USA?

Second question: I got only portal 1 and 2, not eCOPR, can I leave Canada ? What is the risk?
Thank you!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello, I read the first part and it would be a helpful option. However, I haven’t heard anything about it before. I mean, if you got the ecopr and are waiting for the PR cards. Can you leave Canada and enter via USA?
You can always leave Canada, if you can enter USA, go there.

Yes, when you come back by land (car or foot, not by 'scheduled conveyance' eg plain train probably bus). There, they will accept basically anything as long as they can establish you are a PR or citizen. eCOPR should be fine, just tell them you've not yet received PR card.

Again - this only works AFTER you become a PR.

Second question: I got only portal 1 and 2, not eCOPR, can I leave Canada ? What is the risk?
Thank you!
I do not know. You must be a PR to enter as a PR. I don't know about your status (and if I did, it wouldn't mean much to me). Presumably you can enter if your other status allows you to, but I don't know.