+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel with RTD, COPR but no pr card yet

Ali94

Star Member
Aug 2, 2018
Hello, I am a protected person and I have RTD,

I applied for PR through sponsorship inland by my wife, I received the COPR about 1 week ago., but i am still waiting for the PR Card.

My question is can I travel with RTD alone ? or do I have to wait till the pr card? , I need to travel urgently.

I travelled before with RTD alone and I had no issue, but now I am thinking because I became PR.

I couldn't find any website page that discussed my case specifically.

Thanks.

Reactions: swapscanada

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

I applied for PR through sponsorship inland by my wife, I received the COPR about 1 week ago., but i am still waiting for the PR Card.

My question is can I travel with RTD alone ? or do I have to wait till the pr card? , I need to travel urgently.

I travelled before with RTD alone and I had no issue, but now I am thinking because I became PR.

Thanks.
If you landed as a PR you must use your PR card to return to Canada via airline. You could also apply for a PRTD. Although you were sponsored for PR you are still a protected person so you can’t use your home country passport or travel to your home country.

Reactions: sherryl89

swapscanada

Star Member
Jul 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
21-07-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
28-01-2015
Med's Done....
16-Feb-2015

Thanks.
sailing in the same boat. Any idea on what are travel requirements? Does PRTD need to be applied to travel back to Canada