+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel with Indian passport after getting Canada citizenship

aragon23

Dec 2, 2022
I've applied for citizenship, and everything is green except Oath. I believe I will be taking Oath in the next 2-3 weeks. Things are very tricky for me, I have booked my flight to India on Jan 22nd. I'm not sure if I will be able to obtain Canada passport, surrender Indian passport, get entry/visitor visa in time. I check with BLS today and they informed me that visitor visa takes 30 days, and entry visa 45 days.

I'm now thinking about traveling to India with my Indian passport without surrendering it, after taking my Canada citizenship.

Quote" "Indian national who has acquired a foreign citizenship is allowed a grace period of 3 months of acquisition of foreign citizenship within which the Indian passport, if held, may be used for travel to India and back." (https://cgivancouver.gov.in/pdf/FAQs-on-Surrender-and-renunciation-1.pdf)

Can anyone please talk about theirs experience if anyone has traveled on Indian passport?
What if my Canada passport is delivered when I'm in India.
What's my status in India (ex: can I work?).
How long can I stay in India?
Can I renounce my passport while in India?

Any response would be helpful.

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017
I've applied for citizenship, and everything is green except Oath. I believe I will be taking Oath in the next 2-3 weeks. Things are very tricky for me, I have booked my flight to India on Jan 22nd. I'm not sure if I will be able to obtain Canada passport, surrender Indian passport, get entry/visitor visa in time. I check with BLS today and they informed me that visitor visa takes 30 days, and entry visa 45 days.

I'm now thinking about traveling to India with my Indian passport without surrendering it, after taking my Canada citizenship.

Quote" "Indian national who has acquired a foreign citizenship is allowed a grace period of 3 months of acquisition of foreign citizenship within which the Indian passport, if held, may be used for travel to India and back." (https://cgivancouver.gov.in/pdf/FAQs-on-Surrender-and-renunciation-1.pdf)

Can anyone please talk about theirs experience if anyone has traveled on Indian passport?
What if my Canada passport is delivered when I'm in India.
What's my status in India (ex: can I work?).
How long can I stay in India?
Can I renounce my passport while in India?

Any response would be helpful.
your Quote- is not work in india do not try .

Nebm31

Oct 22, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 12, 2014 (TFW)
After oath you can receive your Citizenship Certificate within a week. If receive apply for the passport right away.
We received our passport exactly 1 week after applying at normal processing.
You can expedite your passport in 4 days with extra pay.
I think you can still fly at Jan 22 with Canadian passport.

Reactions: aragon23