+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel with husband while inland application

katie_sasa

Mar 13, 2020
Canada
Category........
FAM
Hi there!

I am a bit confused about can i go travel with my husband while the inland application is on progress?

I am living with my husband right now in Canada and about to send my inland application within this few days. However, you know there is a huge outbreak of COVID-19 across the world, and i do not have any medical insurance in Canada, it seems a bit dangerous for me to stay here if the sitaution is getting worse in Canada. Due to the financial pressure, it would be better if i can get my OWP so i can work and earn some money while waiting for the application...But now we have to reconsider about outland application or actually we can go back together for a while even the inland application is processing?

Please advise, and your help is much appreciated!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi there!

I am a bit confused about can i go travel with my husband while the inland application is on progress?

I am living with my husband right now in Canada and about to send my inland application within this few days. However, you know there is a huge outbreak of COVID-19 across the world, and i do not have any medical insurance in Canada, it seems a bit dangerous for me to stay here if the sitaution is getting worse in Canada. Due to the financial pressure, it would be better if i can get my OWP so i can work and earn some money while waiting for the application...But now we have to reconsider about outland application or actually we can go back together for a while even the inland application is processing?

Please advise, and your help is much appreciated!
You can't leave for awhile if you apply inland. You are required to live together in Canada throughout the process. A few weeks is generally accepted but more than that and you risk refusal.

Switch to outland if you want to be able to leave.

DavidK_NZ

Aug 26, 2018
Have you confirmed when your eligible for MSI in your province? In Nova Scotia it’s on submission of your PR application.

Alternatively you can purchase health insurance through Blue Cross relatively cheaply. (Less than the cost of a flight)