+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel with expired medical

cheemak

Aug 2, 2019
Greetings Everyone,

I have received my PPR and passport will stamped soon. My medical is expiring on 3rd July 2022. I took help from IRCC approved lawyer within Canada for medical questions. He suggested me that I don't need to give my medical again. It will extend another 1 year if application is approved as per current rules, The VO has checked all eligibility criteria including medical before issuing Visa. If new updated medical was required then VO must have requested medical before granting visa. I could not find any information regarding this on IRCC website. Last year, I saw some tweets that Visa becomes inactive if medical is expired and students must not trave with expired medical.

Can anyone confirm current rules for expired medical with approval? Will there be any problem with expired medical while traveling??

Thanks,

HamzaKhan99

Oct 8, 2020
Your consultant is wrong, IRCC was extending medicals during covid times but now you need a valid medical exam to travel.

Reactions: BA101

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Greetings Everyone,

I have received my PPR and passport will stamped soon. My medical is expiring on 3rd July 2022. I took help from IRCC approved lawyer within Canada for medical questions. He suggested me that I don't need to give my medical again. It will extend another 1 year if application is approved as per current rules, The VO has checked all eligibility criteria including medical before issuing Visa. If new updated medical was required then VO must have requested medical before granting visa. I could not find any information regarding this on IRCC website. Last year, I saw some tweets that Visa becomes inactive if medical is expired and students must not trave with expired medical.

Can anyone confirm current rules for expired medical with approval? Will there be any problem with expired medical while traveling??

Thanks,
That is 100% incorrect

you need to have a valid medical for visa to be active

Do another medical. Raise a webform and plan travel once medical is updated

You can carry your new medical and try to travel but you may be denied boarding if the visa shows inactive. Check with airline rules as well

Good Luck

cheemak

Aug 2, 2019
Your consultant is wrong, IRCC was extending medicals during covid times but now you need a valid medical exam to travel.
Thanks for the information , As per the latest update, The medical validity is mentioned on letter of introduction. Students are good to travel within validity, Although your E-medical sheet is expired, Still you can enter Canada without any new medical...

NamanMehta936

May 15, 2021
Thanks for the information , As per the latest update, The medical validity is mentioned on letter of introduction. Students are good to travel within validity, Although your E-medical sheet is expired, Still you can enter Canada without any new medical...
Sorry, can you explain this? Didn’t get that.

cheemak

Aug 2, 2019
Sorry, can you explain this? Didn’t get that.
Ohk, I give my own example to share my personal experience. I did my medical back in 30 June 2021. I applied for Visa but got refusal first time. Then, I reapplied in April 2022 with same medical. I got my PPR on 28th June 2022. As per the people view point, Medical is only good for 12 months. Which means, My medical was about to expire on 30 June 2022. I sent my passport for stamping and got my passport in 5 days. After stamping, We receive a letter in GCKEY which is know as POE ( Port of entry ) or Letter of Introduction, This letter has detailed information about entry and medical expiry exact date. In my case, It was till Mid July instead of 30 June. So, I travel on 11th July and Got entry without any questions. So, If Students E-Medical sheet which we get from hospital at time of medical is expired but Letter of introduction shows that our medical is valid until a specific date, Then, We do not need to new medical for travel.

If, Student will go for new medical then They have to wait until It is updated in the System.

Reactions: NamanMehta936