+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel while waiting PR card

Jamestoca

Star Member
Aug 29, 2015
Hey guys!

My wife is waiting her application to be completed, it's still in process, however, my question is: After they finalize her application, is she going to be allowed to travel outside Canada while waiting for the PR card arrive? Or she will need wait until she receives the card?

Cheers!

James

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
Hey guys!

My wife is waiting her application to be completed, it's still in process, however, my question is: After they finalize her application, is she going to be allowed to travel outside Canada while waiting for the PR card arrive? Or she will need wait until she receives the card?

Cheers!

James
It is recommended that she stays in until she receives her PR card however it is possible to leave and return but you will need to take that document you received at the landing interview which is the COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residence and then take it to a Visa office wherever you're visiting and they can issue you a one time travel document.

Reactions: jman25

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hey guys!

Cheers!

James
Hi

She can leave. If she doesn't have her PR card to return, she will need to either apply for a PRTD, which can take several weeks, or travel to the US and enter at a land border.

Reactions: student777