+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel while on Open Work Permit Renewal

priya7

Aug 17, 2011
Hi

I am currently on Open Work Permit based on my husbands work permit . We have filed for a work permit renewal in Jul 2011 . I might have to travel to india as my father is very ill [he has some terminal disease and i might have to go for sometime in case situation gets really worse] . However my husband will stay here .

In this case if i travel when i m in implied status , will my Open work permit get cancelled and will there be an impact on my husbands work permit even though he will not travel .

Thanks
Priya .

priya7

Aug 17, 2011
Forget to mention I am in Quebec ..if that makes any diffrence as i found the laws are completely different in Quebec in majority of the things .

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What you need to be concerned about is whether your VISA is valid for re-entry to Canada.

priya7

Aug 17, 2011
Me and my husbands visa is getting expired today . Can i alone travel to india if required ? And if i do so .. will it impact my husbands application as well ?

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can leave Canada at any time you wish. It will not impact the processing of your husband's WP application or your OWP application. However, you will need to apply for a new VISA to be allowed re-entry to Canada. You will need to have the OWP in hand before you can do that. If you have to travel to India before that, then get your husband to send you the OWP when it arrives and then apply for a new VISA in Dehli.