+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel while inland application

JenCan

Apr 22, 2019
Category........
FAM
Hi there,
we are in a very depressed situation here, we have applied inland April then received Work permit so we booked the flight to travel our home country as we haven't seen our family for two years.
we just found out though that if we leave canada we may not qualify as inland anymore as we are not physically present in Canada. We are traveling at the same time and coming back at same time. and we are from visa exempt country.
duration of travel is 4 weeks. I personally do not think they'll deny out entry as we have all the proofs that we reside in Canada, just worried for our interview later that they say we do not qualify anymore,

should we cancel our flight tickets? just saying it costed us $1000 and all of my aeroplan miles...

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi there,
we are in a very depressed situation here, we have applied inland April then received Work permit so we booked the flight to travel our home country as we haven't seen our family for two years.
we just found out though that if we leave canada we may not qualify as inland anymore as we are not physically present in Canada. We are traveling at the same time and coming back at same time. and we are from visa exempt country.
duration of travel is 4 weeks. I personally do not think they'll deny out entry as we have all the proofs that we reside in Canada, just worried for our interview later that they say we do not qualify anymore,

should we cancel our flight tickets? just saying it costed us $1000 and all of my aeroplan miles...
In general 2-3 weeks out of Canada seems to be tolerated but wouldn't recommend 4 weeks. There is always a risk that you could be refused when you try to reenter Canada but in general people are not. Hopefully you can change your tickets for a shorter holiday.

Reactions: Qwertypod

JenCan

Apr 22, 2019
Category........
FAM
thanks for the reply. we're leaning towards cancelling the tickets completely but still hoping we can go. I just heard people may get refused but never had an actual person getting refused. would it be wise to change our ticket to 3 weeks then?
if we re enter canada safely, it wouldn't be brought up at the landing interview? or they wouldn't know we travelled

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
thanks for the reply. we're leaning towards cancelling the tickets completely but still hoping we can go. I just heard people may get refused but never had an actual person getting refused. would it be wise to change our ticket to 3 weeks then?
if we re enter canada safely, it wouldn't be brought up at the landing interview? or they wouldn't know we travelled
Definitely seen people be refused if they spend too much time out of Canada. Seems like Canada does realize that people have some holiday time every year so they seem to overlook a short trip if you then spend the rest of your time in Canada. If people want to travel a lot they can also apply outland from Canada. Nobody can guarantee anything 100% but 2-3 weeks is much better than 4 weeks.

Dhalaria

Jul 8, 2019
Hi there,

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=248&top=28

Please dont get confused by people with different assumption and check this link its straight forward cleared in it

Dhalaria

Jul 8, 2019
You have attached a link for PR application not inland spousal sponsorship.

The second part confirms what I said.
Second part clearly mention 2 things;

• you do not plan to live in Canada with your sponsor while we process your application
  • you left and cannot return to Canada
In this case you can travel and come back to canada If you have a proper immigration documents which are visitor visa,work-permit or study permit

Reactions: melito

Mariel_la

Jan 26, 2020
Hi there,

Hello, i am at the same position.. My fiance received his work permit at december, started working, did his medixal examinations this month, and already has a valid travel visa. We will flight outside canada for 16 days. Our lawyer said it is fine until 3 weeks but we wanted to be sure. So, i wanted to ask if you traveled and come back?

JenCan

Apr 22, 2019
Category........
FAM
Hello, i am at the same position.. My fiance received his work permit at december, started working, did his medixal examinations this month, and already has a valid travel visa. We will flight outside canada for 16 days. Our lawyer said it is fine until 3 weeks but we wanted to be sure. So, i wanted to ask if you traveled and come back?
Yes we had no problem coming back.no question asked at the landing interview either