+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRAVEL VISA FOR 3 WEEKS TO CANADA FROM EGYPT

Jazmali

Jul 11, 2017
Hi everyone,

I have done so much research l am now confused....
To begin with it is clear that it is not easy fro an Egyptian to travel to Canada !!!
I HAD NO IDEA HOW DIFFICULT IT IS FOR THEM.......

So l have a friend l have invited to come visit during the winter season !!
They really want to try the whole sjing thing....visit family in Montreal, skidooing
He wants to do the whole winter Canadian experience.

Thinking , sure why not....lets do this.....well didn't l get a eye opener.
Sounds like he needs to give his first born !!!!! My goodness.

So l have questions and really hope they can be answered....

1. I want to help them complete this visa application.
2. Having said that.....it should be perfect to improve his chances or a positive outcome
3. CAN HE APPLY FOR THE VISA ELECTRONICALLY.....IF SO IS THIS VISA PROCESSED WITH CANADIAN VISA TEAM OR A EGYPTIAN TEAM....I AM CURIOUS....
4. OR SHOULD HE DO THIS LOCALLY IN CAIRO AND WAIT 7 HOURS TO SEE SOMEONE
5. WITH THE INVITATION LETTER I WAS TOLD TO INCLUDE LOTS OF DETAILS INCLUDING
PICTURES OF OUR FAMILY.
6. HOW MUCH MONEY DOE HE NEED TO SHOW I HIS BANK ACCOUNT FOR A 3 WEEK VACATION
7. WE ARE HOSTING OUR FRIEND SO HE NEED NOT WORRY ABOUT LODGING
8. I AM PAYING FOR HIS AIRLINE TICKET AND MAKING ALL OUT HOTEL ARRANGEMENTS
9. I WORK IN TRAVEL SO THESE THINGS WILL BE CHEAPER FOR ME TO GET.
9. SO HAVING SAID THIS HOW MUCH SHOULD HE HAVE IN HIS ACCOUNT
10. I AM TOLD THAT HE SHOULD HAVE AS MANY PEOPLE DO A CHARACTER REFERENCE
AND HAVE THEM NOTARIZED......IS THIS NECCSARY DO YOU THINK.

ONE LAST QUESTION.................

IF HE PUTS TOGETHER A DETAILED VISA APPLICATION....AND GIVES THEM WHAT IS REQUIRED
WHAT MAKES THE VISA PROCESSERS STILL DENY A PERFECT APPLICATION

IS THAT NOT THEIR BIGGEST COMPLAINT ...PEOPLE NEVER COMPLETE AND ALWAYS MAKE MISTAKES THIS IS WHY THEY ARE REFUSED.......BUT WHO TELLS THEM THAT THEY CAN DO SO
WHEN YOU GIVE THEM EVERYTHING YOU ARE SIPPOSED TOO.

Anyway.....if some could please give us their insight....we would love to host this old family friend.

Many Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Please don't type in all caps in the future - it's difficult to read and is considered rude (yelling). To answer your questions:

1) He cannot apply in person. He needs to either apply online or by mail. The visa application will be processed by his local visa office.
2) Keep the invitation letter simple. If you search online you'll find examples. If you have photos of the two of you together you can include one or two to show your relationship. Otherwise don't include photos.
3) I would recommend he show $5K if possible.
4) No - don't include character letters. These are of no help. To be approved, he needs to demonstrate that he has strong ties to his home country and has no plans on remaining in Canada long term. Strong ties are things like property ownership, employment, bank statements, other assets.

Even if he puts together the best application he can - he can still be refused if he has no or little travel to other countries requiring visas, if he doesn't have sufficient funds and if he can't show strong enough ties to his home country.

Jazmali

Jul 11, 2017
I am very sorry about the caps, . was using an old PC in our office the keyboard is terrible.
My sincere regrets........thank you for the information.

Tell me should l include my personal information such as an employment letter my bank statement or anything else to help our family friend. Actually for pictures l was referring to pictures of my family. We have not met the lad before....our father are old friends....... and he has told he has never left North Africa before. So this will not work in his favor correct. He mentioned he has only been to Morroco.

Thanks for your time and reply

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Honestly it seems unlikely that he will get a trv. You have never met the guy and you are paying for his airline travel and hotel accommodations which seems a bit odd and will be of concern to CIC given you could decide not to pay and it doesn't seem like he may have lots of funds. You haven't mentioned what ties he has to Egypt like a job, home or lease, spouse or children. Given the current situation in Egypt without strong ties to Egypt and a previous travel history to the US/Europe/etc there will be concerns he will not return home.

Jazmali

Jul 11, 2017
First of all.......

If your family was very close to mine and our parents grew up together.....and you the son would like to visit Canada.
We would be honoured to host you. It is our culture....thank you very much. We repect the relationships our parents and familes cultivate
through the years. So that is what we do.......and how we are raised....Its the same thing as if you were visiting Canada from another country and our familes knew each other. We would invite you over for dinner while visiting....its very respectful and loyal; between families !!!!

Also, why would how many countries one has been too would make a difference at the age of 26 !!!! Not everyone has a lot of money to throw around in Egypt....or anywhere else for that matter.

And yes.....I we are hosting him....l work in travel...so if our family can afford to host him...as a gesture of respect for his parents since they do not have this money for luxury. Then we are happy too, as far as hotels ....again this is cheap for me....as l work in the travel industry.
Are we not the hosts.........

Besides this young man works hard for his money and has saved quite a bit.....so l think its a little bit presumptuous of you to assume he does not have any money !!!!!!! One more thing....he is only here for three weeks...why would he need $5000.00 // that's a cruise for two people.
He will be sking and a trip to Montreal where lodging and transportation is looked after !!??

Amd how many 26 year olds do you know own property.......he has a very good job in radio and television . and comes from a respectful family.
So, l believe like many immigration officers.....who are probably like yourself.

Are assuming .....a little to much !!! And this is where mistakes are being made by applicants.
Because they never get the real questions answered properly until after the fact....which means

The visa processors assume by info they don't have....because it was never presented to the applicant in the first place to answer properly.

I recall who you are now....your the Expert who once told me that you are not a real Canadian.

I still have the post you sent my our family.

So......ask beore you assume......maybe more good people will get positive results

Good Luck with your bedside manner Canuck !!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I was providing honest advice. Unfortunately there is an expectation that people need to be able to cover their expenses if their host doesn't follow through which does happen. Unfortunately getting a visa to visit Canada can be quite difficult. You are free to apply but we are pointing areas that will most probably by problematic.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I was the one who recommended $5K - not canuck78. I recommended this amount based on what I've seen on this forum and to suggest what he needs to do in order to have the highest chance of being approved. While he may be staying with you and his expenses while here will be low - CIC will want to see that he has a decent amount of money saved that makes this a reasonable trip for him to be taking. If his funds are very low, CIC will have concerns about why he is traveling all the way to Canada and he'll likely be refused. It looks like he doesn't own any property - so all the more reason why it's important that he demonstrate he has some savings. It's not about needing the $5K to spend in Canada during his trip - it's about showing he's sufficiently established in Egypt that he won't overstay in Canada. If he doesn't have around $5K - then he can certainly still apply. However I think he will have his work cut out for him being approved if he can't show decent funds and strong ties. Hope that makes sense and good luck.

Reactions: canuck78