+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel to US and back to Canada through land at same day- URGENT !!

cdc

Mar 17, 2015
Hello,

I need to get your advice. Today I just sent my first Canadian passport application to the Passport Canada Surrey BC office. I need to wait 10 business days for my new Canadian passport. Tomorrow morning I will drive my personal car to US through the US Blaine Peach Arch land custom. The same day I will drive my personal car back to Canadian South Surrey BC custom. How many documents I need to bring with me for tomorrow's travel?
Here are few documents which I will bring and show to the Canadian border officer when I return:
* Still valid foreign passport and valid US visa
* The Canadian PR Landing paper
* Canadian citizenship certificate

Any other suggestion? Thanks so much for your kindness.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
cdc said:
Hello,

I need to get your advice. Today I just sent my first Canadian passport application to the Passport Canada Surrey BC office. I need to wait 10 business days for my new Canadian passport. Tomorrow morning I will drive my personal car to US through the US Blaine Peach Arch land custom. The same day I will drive my personal car back to Canadian South Surrey BC custom. How many documents I need to bring with me for tomorrow's travel?
Here are few documents which I will bring and show to the Canadian border officer when I return:
* Still valid foreign passport and valid US visa
* The Canadian PR Landing paper
* Canadian citizenship certificate

Any other suggestion? Thanks so much for your kindness.
I believe the above documents are sufficient. Canadia government issued photograph ID, such as driving license and original Canadian Citizenship Certificate are OK to cross border and return.

Just show Canadian Citizenship Certificate and driving license. If you show them your foreign passport with visa, it might confuse the Border Security Officials, who are trained to be suspicious for everything.
'

fishbone

Star Member
Mar 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Agree with Canadiandesi2006

You should have no issue entering the US.
On your return if you are asked why you're not using your Canadian passport just explain that you've applied for it but still had to travel.
I personally know of people who have done that without issue.

cdc

Mar 17, 2015
Thanks to Canadiandesi2006 & fishbone.

Yes. This morning I drove my car back to Canadian border and only showed my BC driving licence & Canadian citizenship certificate. The border officer just checked my BC driving licence and then the officer returned the documents back to me. I travelled back home without trouble. Thanks again!