+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel to India while waiting for pgwp

Swarnim

Jan 18, 2020
I received my transcripts and proof of course completion on 13 Jan and applies for pgwp on 17th. The processing time at the moment is 100 days I wanted to visit my.home country (India) in late April and will only be back on the 1st of July. Since my study visa and permit are valid till March 2021, will I be given entry in July based on those even if I get my work permit while I am in India?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
As long as TRV is valid you can travel back. What status you get depends, there is a government page explaining this very well just search for it.

Ris411

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
Hi bro I am also in same situation you should have valid trv to travel back to Canada from india.What you can do is that you have to first get valid work permit or study permit to get that trv.Without valid study permit or work permit you can’t travel as you will not get any trv.If you want to discuss more you can can contact me.

Swarnim

Jan 18, 2020
Hi bro I am also in same situation you should have valid trv to travel back to Canada from india.What you can do is that you have to first get valid work permit or study permit to get that trv.Without valid study permit or work permit you can’t travel as you will not get any trv.If you want to discuss more you can can contact me.
I already have a study permit till March 2021 and the student visa also have the same expiry. My doubt is if my work permit comes while I am in India will my student visa be still valid?

Swarnim

Jan 18, 2020
As long as TRV is valid you can travel back. What status you get depends, there is a government page explaining this very well just search for it.
I had few people telling me that my student visa will automatically expire in 90 days from the date I received my transcripts irrespective of the printed validity on the permit and visa which are both due till March of next year I.e. 2021

Ris411

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
I already have a study permit till March 2021 and the student visa also have the same expiry. My doubt is if my work permit comes while I am in India will my student visa be still valid?
Yess bro visa is visa.They just need that trv.You can enter Canada as a worker after getting work permit

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
I had few people telling me that my student visa will automatically expire in 90 days from the date I received my transcripts irrespective of the printed validity on the permit and visa which are both due till March of next year I.e. 2021
Your study permit will expire, your visa (thing in passport) will not.

mayah1209

Aug 3, 2023
Did you end up travelling with your SW-1 visa?