+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel to India (4 Month Validity on Passport)

luv908

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
I am an Indian citizen (Indian normal passport holder) and PR in Canada (I have a PR card).
I am traveling to India for my wedding on Nov 4, 2021 without a return flight (will probably return in January).

My passport is due to expire on Mar 4, 2022 and I am going to get my passport renewed in India itself before traveling back.
I couldn't get my passport renewed in Canada due to very high turnaround times at the consulate and this travel is absolutely essential.

I have an Air Canada Direct Flight to Delhi from Toronto.
I have read numerous posts that as I am traveling back to the country of my citizenship, I should not have any problem to board the flight to INDIA.
I have also checked IATA travel center, immigration bureau of India & ministry of civil aviation and it says all my documents are valid to travel to India.

I wanted to confirm with folks here if anyone has traveled to India with less than 6 months validity on passport had faced any issues ?

Also, I am planning to carry all the documents (along with printouts from IATA, Consulate General of Toronto (Travel FAQs)). If you suggest me be carrying any other printouts from any website so that the just in case the "Airline Employees" boarding me do not know that 6 month rule doest apply to Indian citizens, I can convince them to allow me to board.

I highly appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.

UStoCanada456

Jan 25, 2017
I am an Indian citizen (Indian normal passport holder) and PR in Canada (I have a PR card).
I am traveling to India for my wedding on Nov 4, 2021 without a return flight (will probably return in January).

My passport is due to expire on Mar 4, 2022 and I am going to get my passport renewed in India itself before traveling back.
I couldn't get my passport renewed in Canada due to very high turnaround times at the consulate and this travel is absolutely essential.

I have an Air Canada Direct Flight to Delhi from Toronto.
I have read numerous posts that as I am traveling back to the country of my citizenship, I should not have any problem to board the flight to INDIA.
I have also checked IATA travel center, immigration bureau of India & ministry of civil aviation and it says all my documents are valid to travel to India.

I wanted to confirm with folks here if anyone has traveled to India with less than 6 months validity on passport had faced any issues ?

Also, I am planning to carry all the documents (along with printouts from IATA, Consulate General of Toronto (Travel FAQs)). If you suggest me be carrying any other printouts from any website so that the just in case the "Airline Employees" boarding me do not know that 6 month rule doest apply to Indian citizens, I can convince them to allow me to board.

I highly appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.
Hi, I am in similar situation. Were you able to travel to India without any issues?