+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel to Carribean?

sharpe88

Nov 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't remember seeing this on the CIC site or anything but the wiki page says

Foreign government authorities may require the production of a PR Card in some circumstances:

Canadian permanent residents require a PR Card, unless the person's passport in itself is sufficient for exemption. A Canadian PR Card holder, in general may travel visa-free to the following countries: Aruba, the Bahamas, Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Costa Rica,the Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, South Korea and the Turks & Caicos Islands.

So, my wife with just a PR card can travel visa-free to these places?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Before you buy the plane tickets, you should double check for the country you are interested in travelling to. You should be able to find some official info online for that country on who requires a visit visa and if Canadian PR's are exempt. You can also contact the nearest embassy of that country and ask them if you are not successful finding the info online.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Also double-check with the airline. Sometimes you can also run into issues boarding a flight if you don't have the documentation the airline thinks you should have.

injuredcold

Star Member
Mar 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I myself traveled to Mexico on PR, with no issues whatsoever. You don't require separate visa for Mexico if you have Canadian PR. However, you need to take along both PR and your Passport from Country of Citizenship while you are traveling.

Reactions: Rhbcc