+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel to Canada

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If you have a visitor visa, after September 7 you can enter. Google “Canada Travel Covid” to get all the up to date information.

Kanan30

Aug 25, 2021
I see they have written fully vaccinated ones who used Pfizer and other accepted vaccines.There has also been written under 14 day quarantines.This is confusing a bit does it mean ones who are not vaccinated will be kept under 14 day quarantines?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I see they have written fully vaccinated ones who used Pfizer and other accepted vaccines.There has also been written under 14 day quarantines.This is confusing a bit does it mean ones who are not vaccinated will be kept under 14 day quarantines?
If you are not fully vacinnated with the approved vaccines then of course you must quarantine.

Reactions: sanyinmon

Kanan30

Aug 25, 2021
Is there any risk of the visa being cancelled and returned by the border agency if they do not want to quaratine?
When entering the link " find out if you can enter Canada" the below question (bold line)appears and I step by step select the relevant responses even I select fully vaccinated at the end it says you maybe or may not be allowed so strange.
Answer a few questions to find out if you may be allowed to enter Canada

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Is there any risk of the visa being cancelled and returned by the border agency if they do not want to quaratine?
When entering the link " find out if you can enter Canada" the below question (bold line)appears and I step by step select the relevant responses even I select fully vaccinated at the end it says you maybe or may not be allowed so strange.
Right, if you refuse quarantine and are not vaccinated then CBSA has every right to cancel your visa and send you home. Even fully vaccinated people may be refused by CBSA. It is at their discretion if you don't have a suitable quarantine plan, accommodations and reason to visit.

Reactions: YVR123

Kanan30

Aug 25, 2021
It is weird that how a visitor can find or have a rental flat without entering Canada if he or she must stay under 14 day quarantine. If I am not vaccinated the maximum option is to book a hotel room for 14 day quarantine.In other words, if I have a friend I can go his or her home for 14 day qaurantine.In this case, will the border agency be satisfied with the idea of staying under 14 day quarantine in a hotel room or not?Also,yet it is not clear.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It is weird that how a visitor can find or have a rental flat without entering Canada if he or she must stay under 14 day quarantine. If I am not vaccinated the maximum option is to book a hotel room for 14 day quarantine.In other words, if I have a friend I can go his or her home for 14 day qaurantine.In this case, will the border agency be satisfied with the idea of staying under 14 day quarantine in a hotel room or not?Also,yet it is not clear.
It's extremely easy to rent an airbnb or hotel for 14 days.

You can stay with a friend only if that accommodation meet the quarantine requirements. This basically means that your friend either needs to quarantine for 14 days with you and not leave the home. Or the home needs to have a separate area / apartment with a separate bathroom / kitchen where you can live by yourself for 14 days without interacting with others. It's up to the officer if they are satisfied with your arrangement or not. The best option is to book a hotel or airbnb for the 14 days.

If this all seems too complicated, then it may make sense to delay your plans to travel to Canada.

Reactions: YVR123 and Naturgrl

sanyinmon

Star Member
Oct 30, 2016
It's extremely easy to rent an airbnb or hotel for 14 days.

You can stay with a friend only if that accommodation meet the quarantine requirements. This basically means that your friend either needs to quarantine for 14 days with you and not leave the home. Or the home needs to have a separate area / apartment with a separate bathroom / kitchen where you can live by yourself for 14 days without interacting with others. It's up to the officer if they are satisfied with your arrangement or not. The best option is to book a hotel or airbnb for the 14 days.

If this all seems too complicated, then it may make sense to delay your plans to travel to Canada.
Ok. So if I stay at airbnb, how to buy food and it should be near to the airport?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Ok. So if I stay at airbnb, how to buy food and it should be near to the airport?
Food is very easily delivered by grocery stores if you want to cook on your own or by uber eats (etc.) if you want a prepared meal. No, the airbnb doesn't have to be near the airport.

Reactions: Naturgrl

sanyinmon

Star Member
Oct 30, 2016
Food is very easily delivered by grocery stores if you want to cook on your own or by uber eats (etc.) if you want a prepared meal. No, the airbnb doesn't have to be near the airport.
Ok. I see. Thanks ,Scylla One more question if I arrive at 3pm to the airport, will my quarantine day count on that day or start from next day?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Ok. I see. Thanks ,Scylla One more question if I arrive at 3pm to the airport, will my quarantine day count on that day or start from next day?
I don't know.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you aren’t fully vaccinated and are only visiting a friend you don’t qualify to travel and there have been no announcements as to when you will qualify

Kanan30

Aug 25, 2021
If I am fully vaccinated using 2 doses of phizer and want to visit friend will I be allowed?Do someine has the same experience like mw recently?When filling out Arrive can there qre options such as student,work,family renufication and noone.If I select noone because no one of them are are among my choices,as I am visiting friend.I do not know what may happen at the port of entry in this case selecting noone.

Kanan30

Aug 25, 2021
If I am fully vaccinated using 2 doses of phizer and want to visit friend will I be allowed?Do someone has the same experience like me recently?When filling out Arrive can there are options such as student,work,family renufication and noone.If I select noone because no one of them are are among my choices, as I am visiting friend.I do not know what may happen at the port of entry in this case selecting noone.