+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel to Canada with ETA from India - Direct COPR and applied for PRTD

sumitkamboj88

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I starting this thread to share the experience if someone has received the direct COPR recently, stuck in India and have applied for PRTD. As VAC are closed in India IRCC giving the option to obtain the ETA to travel urgently once PRTD application is approved. Please share your experience if you have travelled to Canada from India with ETA.

Thanks
Sumit

sumitkamboj88

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
Unless I'm missing something, why would you apply for an eTA?
Because I am a permanent resident and don't have a PR card yet. IRCC giving an option to obtain an ETA if you need to travel urgently as VAC in India are closed. I know usually, Indians are not eligible for an ETA but a lot has changed because of COVID. Now, IRCC is giving an option to obtain ETA to Indians if you are a PR and stuck in Canada because of COVID.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Because I am a permanent resident and don't have a PR card yet. IRCC giving an option to obtain an ETA if you need to travel urgently as VAC in India are closed. I know usually, Indians are not eligible for an ETA but a lot has changed because of COVID. Now, IRCC is giving an option to obtain ETA to Indians if you are a PR and stuck in Canada because of COVID.
Could you please give the official IRCC link
For this change ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Why isn't PRTD the option over an ETA?

Nishant0307

Oct 29, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I starting this thread to share the experience if someone has received the direct COPR recently, stuck in India and have applied for PRTD. As VAC are closed in India IRCC giving the option to obtain the ETA to travel urgently once PRTD application is approved. Please share your experience if you have travelled to Canada from India with ETA.

Thanks
Sumit
Hi Sumit

I have received similar mail on 24th sept, pls share your contact details to discuss further on this..

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Yeah I'd love to see this email as well. Please share (after removing your name and any other personal details).

PoonamMane

Dec 13, 2020
hi, I have a similar situation. I am in Canada right now, need to travel India . Waiting PR card since 6 months so thinking to apply PRTD after reaching India.
Could you please share your experience if received PRTD ?

sumitkamboj88

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
hi, I have a similar situation. I am in Canada right now, need to travel India . Waiting PR card since 6 months so thinking to apply PRTD after reaching India.
Could you please share your experience if received PRTD ?
I had applied in June and had received the approval on application within 20 days. At that time VACs were closed and asked me to wait for the passport submission request letter. They said that it will be issued once VACs are open but I am still waiting to receive passport submission request letter. So, I am still stuck in India.

PoonamMane

Dec 13, 2020
I had applied in June and had received the approval on application within 20 days. At that time VACs were closed and asked me to wait for the passport submission request letter. They said that it will be issued once VACs are open but I am still waiting to receive passport submission request letter. So, I am still stuck in India.
I heard some people got approval in 10 days and got copy of travel visa no need to send passport. adding you in another thread

sshivam29

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
I heard some people got approval in 10 days and got copy of travel visa no need to send passport. adding you in another thread
that's true...I applied for PRTD in June and got approval within 10 days. They provided the PRTD as a letter no need to send a passport. I travelled to Canada using it with no issues.

PoonamMane

Dec 13, 2020
that's true...I applied for PRTD in June and got approval within 10 days. They provided the PRTD as a letter no need to send a passport. I travelled to Canada using it with no issues.
That's great. was your PRTD flight specific? someone on this forum mentioned that PRTD is flight specific , if you change flight you need to apply new prtd. I recently have applied for PRTD . hope things will be fine.

Last edited:

sshivam29

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
That's great. was your PRTD flight specific? someone on this forum mentioned on this forum that PRTD is flight specific , if you change flight you need to apply new prtd. I recently have applied for PRTD . hope things will be fine.
AFAIK PRTD is not flight-specific at least not in my case. You might need Travel Authorisation Letter also in today's scenario which is flight-specific.