+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel to Canada. Toronto instead of Saint John's?

abdlaqeel

Mar 10, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
17th May
Med's Request
8 Sep
Passport Req..
29th Nov
His university is in a province other than Ontario. Although he had all documents ready as to why he is not going straight to the province, where his university is located, however, the Immigration officer only checked his LOI and LOA and issued the study permit. He had already shared his details on ARRIVECAN
Ok thanks a lot :)

Kobby84

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
I am ready for it. The only wish is to leave and be in Canada. I can be in quarantine even for 2 months:)anyway classes are online so nothing to lose. But can focus on lessons normally anyway. But CBSA says this, university says that. The only thing I am afraid is reject for entrance in Canada. Now just waiting for some logical outcome
Why not travel to your school, quarantine for 2 weeks. Then when you come out, you will be free to travel around Canada without any conditions to quarantine again as you met the rule

Guler

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
Why not travel to your school, quarantine for 2 weeks. Then when you come out, you will be free to travel around Canada without any conditions to quarantine again as you met the rule
Because I should go to my school about mid January. But my country can close the borders in these days. War situation, also due to high covid rates. I am just afraid I can be trapped for months. So decided let it be 2 isolation. But better leave here.

Guler

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
My son just went through immigration at Toronto. His university is in another province. He had a valid reason to spend a few days in Toronto, however, nothing much was inquired about by Immigration desk. He would quarantine for 14 days in Toronto and subsequently again quarantine after reaching university.
Thanks so much

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You are required to quarantine when travelling between certain Canadian provinces.

Bluejayscardinals

Star Member
Oct 21, 2020
I'm really confused by your situation. Where would you quarantine in Toronto? Perhaps you have stated this but I can't seem to see it anywhere.
Like Toronto is in lockdown. There is nothing open here.

If you want to get out of your home country and get to Canada, go to the province where your university is. But if you are just planning on coming to Toronto cause you want to hang out with friends or something I really wouldn't recommend it. You can't be socializing with people right now. I agree with the other person who said go to your university and travel Canada later in 2021 when the time is right and the situation is better.

Guler

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
I'm really confused by your situation. Where would you quarantine in Toronto? Perhaps you have stated this but I can't seem to see it anywhere.
Like Toronto is in lockdown. There is nothing open here.

If you want to get out of your home country and get to Canada, go to the province where your university is. But if you are just planning on coming to Toronto cause you want to hang out with friends or something I really wouldn't recommend it. You can't be socializing with people right now. I agree with the other person who said go to your university and travel Canada later in 2021 when the time is right and the situation is better.
I already called and booked chelsea hotel. They agreed. I dont have any friends or somebody there and I wont have any time for walk or hangouts. I have exams. I cannot go to my province. Cause I need a travel authorisation letter from there. As province has its own regulations. Letter should be sent to me by university. University says it will come no sooner than 10th January. Next week my country is going to block any flights. So I can be trapped here and dont want it. Actually till september 2021 classes are online, but I am government scholarship winner and they say they will not pay me until I am there. So such a confused situation. Anyway, already have quarantine plan ready. Hope this will help me to pass in the border. Thank you for time and attention