+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel to Canada. Toronto instead of Saint John's?

Guler

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
Hello. I dated my intended travel to Newfoundland 10th January. But situation has changed. There is a probability that my country can close all borders and airport. Can I travel to Toronto instead of Saint John's?have 2 weeks self isolation and then when I get all documents in the middle of January go to Newfoundland? Is there any chance to be returned back in the border?
The second question, it can be stupid, but quarantine plan is in Arrivecan or I should write it seperately?
Thank you, for any answer

abdlaqeel

Mar 10, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
17th May
Med's Request
8 Sep
Passport Req..
29th Nov
Following. In the same situation.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You can travel to Toronto and quarantine for 14 days with a good plan. When you go to newfoundland, you will need to quarantine for another 14 days. So you want to show you have arrangements for 28 days of quarantine in two different locations.

jbdot0941

Jan 23, 2019
Hello. I dated my intended travel to Newfoundland 10th January. But situation has changed. There is a probability that my country can close all borders and airport. Can I travel to Toronto instead of Saint John's?have 2 weeks self isolation and then when I get all documents in the middle of January go to Newfoundland? Is there any chance to be returned back in the border?
The second question, it can be stupid, but quarantine plan is in Arrivecan or I should write it seperately?
you dont actually need to write it anywhere. just mention it and when the officer asks, tell him/her about your plans. this is what a friend of mine did and everything went great

abdlaqeel

Mar 10, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
17th May
Med's Request
8 Sep
Passport Req..
29th Nov
you dont actually need to write it anywhere. just mention it and when the officer asks, tell him/her about your plans. this is what a friend of mine did and everything went great
Did your friend go to toronto? Can you please share his experience

jbdot0941

Jan 23, 2019
Did your friend go to toronto? Can you please share his experience
No, to Montreal. Though I'm assuming the experience to be similar.
1. Landed
2. Arrive at Immigration waiting hall
3. Get verbally abused by the security if you dont follow social distancing. (yes this happened to a a few)
4. fill the details (preferable ArriveCAN) and maybe a few papers
5. Show all your docs to the officer, tell about your plan, give your passport
6. wait for the passport.
7. check the study permit.
8 go directly to your place

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you are a student you should really be following the quarantine plan authorized by your school. Would add that you'll need to quarantine again in Newfoundland even if you quarantine in Toronto.

Guler

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
Thank you all. Yes, I know I have to be isolated for 2 times: in Toronto and in NL. But I am ready for this. It is better than not being able to leave my country and then have further problems

abdlaqeel

Mar 10, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
17th May
Med's Request
8 Sep
Passport Req..
29th Nov
Thank you all. Yes, I know I have to be isolated for 2 times: in Toronto and in NL. But I am ready for this. It is better than not being able to leave my country and then have further problems
Where are you travelling to? And when?

Guler

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
Where are you travelling to? And when?
That is a question which I also dont know answer.. university says dont go to Toronto we will try to arrange for you a travel for the next week as there can be problems in the border. I phoned to CBSA and they told me there is no problem, you can travel to Toronto. But university says that border officers can say this and then deny so dont make a risk. I should leave country as soon as possible and now sitting absolutely confused and waiting for something that dont know what it is)

Guler

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
You can travel to Toronto and quarantine for 14 days with a good plan. When you go to newfoundland, you will need to quarantine for another 14 days. So you want to show you have arrangements for 28 days of quarantine in two different locations.
I am ready for it. The only wish is to leave and be in Canada. I can be in quarantine even for 2 months:)anyway classes are online so nothing to lose. But can focus on lessons normally anyway. But CBSA says this, university says that. The only thing I am afraid is reject for entrance in Canada. Now just waiting for some logical outcome

pe21

Nov 25, 2020
My son just went through immigration at Toronto. His university is in another province. He had a valid reason to spend a few days in Toronto, however, nothing much was inquired about by Immigration desk. He would quarantine for 14 days in Toronto and subsequently again quarantine after reaching university.

abdlaqeel

Mar 10, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
17th May
Med's Request
8 Sep
Passport Req..
29th Nov
My son just went through immigration at Toronto. His university is in another province. He had a valid reason to spend a few days in Toronto, however, nothing much was inquired about by Immigration desk. He would quarantine for 14 days in Toronto and subsequently again quarantine after reaching university.
Where is his university?
What was asked at the immigration and what was his reason if you don’t mind telling.

Please reply as I am really anxious.

pe21

Nov 25, 2020
Where is his university?
What was asked at the immigration and what was his reason if you don’t mind telling.

Please reply as I am really anxious.
His university is in a province other than Ontario. Although he had all documents ready as to why he is not going straight to the province, where his university is located, however, the Immigration officer only checked his LOI and LOA and issued the study permit. He had already shared his details on ARRIVECAN