+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel to Canada on Expired COPR from USA

Surbhi9146

Sep 19, 2020
Hello Folks- Our COPR and PRV visa expired in July and we got the extension letter in June saying when you are ready to travel raise the web form for next steps. We want to settle now in canada for good and already raises multiple web forms in last 30 daya but not getting any instructions for new visa or any authorization letter which we can use to travel. Do you know or did anyone travel to Canada for PR via flight or car on the expired COPR recently? Please Please advice on this asap! Thank you

quantized

Aug 11, 2018
I'm on the same boat, My COPR expired in May 2020. I have a job offer and need to move to Canada by early Nov from Los Angeles. I have reached out to them last week via web form, still waiting to hear back. I'm aware that if you want to permanently move to Canada you should be eligible if you have an expired PR and live in the US according to the directive here --> https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html

Did you mention the reason for your move when you reached out to them?

Surbhi9146

Sep 19, 2020
As per above link, we fall under Group 4 category which says travelling from US on expired COPR and we can't just travel just like that and need to fill the web form still and get the next steps for which I guess thousand of people are waiting to hear on the next steps.

quantized

Aug 11, 2018
My understanding is Group 4
As per above link, we fall under Group 4 category which says travelling from US on expired COPR and we can't just travel just like that and need to fill the web form still and get the next steps for which I guess thousand of people are waiting to hear on the next steps.
Correct. I reached out to CBSA officer and they suggested me to contact IRCC, if that doesn't work, he recommended me to visit/call the local Canadian consulate (there is one in LA) and see if they can help.
I also talked to an immigration consultant in Vancouver and he said he can help me speed up the process. He will need to send my documents to CIC and request a travel authorization (that's valid for 60 days) and I can use that to travel. He said it would about 4 weeks to get that.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Surbhi9146

Surbhi9146

Sep 19, 2020
My understanding is Group 4

Correct. I reached out to CBSA officer and they suggested me to contact IRCC, if that doesn't work, he recommended me to visit/call the local Canadian consulate (there is one in LA) and see if they can help.
I also talked to an immigration consultant in Vancouver and he said he can help me speed up the process. He will need to send my documents to CIC and request a travel authorization (that's valid for 60 days) and I can use that to travel. He said it would about 4 weeks to get that.

Hope this helps.
Thank you - If attorney can get the authorization letter in 4 weeks then it would be fantastic as we are planning to move in October. Can you please share your contact# or connect with me @314-277-9387 to share the attorney and other details. Appreciate your help!!