+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel to Canada from US by road - Green Card

visiting_canada

Sep 3, 2009
Hello All, greetings.

My wife and I currently live in USA on green card status, and we plan to travel to Canada to visit for 3/4 days via car drive.

Request your help on below query:

1. I had Canadian PR up until 2015 and after that I moved to the US. My PR is no longer valid obviously. My question is do I need to withdraw the PR/inform Canadian agency before making the roadtrip.

2. For my wife, we applied for Canadian PR under FSW in 2015 and was rejected on the grounds of misrepresentation , and she was inadmissible for 5 years (till Dec 2020). Can she now travel to Canada on US green card? Also, do we need to inform the Canadian agency of this, or is there any way we can check before the travel? Can this cause any problems for us?

Any help would be greatly appreciative.

Thank you.

visiting_canada

Sep 3, 2009
Hello All, greetings.

My wife and I currently live in USA on green card status, and we plan to travel to Canada to visit for 3/4 days via car drive.

Request your help on below query:

1. I had Canadian PR up until 2015 and after that I moved to the US. My PR is no longer valid obviously. My question is do I need to withdraw the PR/inform Canadian agency before making the roadtrip.

2. For my wife, we applied for Canadian PR under FSW in 2015 and was rejected on the grounds of misrepresentation , and she was inadmissible for 5 years (till Dec 2020). Can she now travel to Canada on US green card? Also, do we need to inform the Canadian agency of this, or is there any way we can check before the travel? Can this cause any problems for us?

Any help would be greatly appreciative.

Thank you.
Can anyone pls advise?