+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel to Canada from India

mmakshay67

Apr 24, 2019
Hello,

I am a PR holder and need to go back to Canada. Are there any PR holders or Canadian Citizens who were able to travel to Canada after the second wave covid. if so which flights did you board and how did you get a covid test done from a third country you were departing.

Thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are you talking about second wave covid in Canada or India? Correct if I am wrong that second wave covid in Canada was back in the year end of 2020, while currently it's in the end of third wave. Of course there were people traveling both times.

mmakshay67

Apr 24, 2019
I am talking about the second wave in India which started last month because of which Canada have suspended flights from India. They say we can go to a third country, get a RT-PCR test done there and if we get negative result there, we can board a flight to Canada from there. I thought of going to US using my tourist visa and from there to Canada, but US also have banned travellers from India. Do you know any other country from where we can transit to Canada and what airlines to use

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am talking about the second wave in India which started last month because of which Canada have suspended flights from India. They say we can go to a third country, get a RT-PCR test done there and if we get negative result there, we can board a flight to Canada from there. I thought of going to US using my tourist visa and from there to Canada, but US also have banned travellers from India. Do you know any other country from where we can transit to Canada and what airlines to use
No idea. Maybe you should just wait and see.

Agastya

Nov 29, 2017
Hi Guys... Are there any changes in the quarantine rules? I mean is the mandatory GAA still applicable???

Also, the covid test happens on 1st and 10th day ...right

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
Is there any viable route? The only way to do this would be to fly into Canada from India via a third country, and get a COVID test on site at the airport in the third country. But how many international airports are offering COVID testing on site without having to go through border control?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Is there any viable route? The only way to do this would be to fly into Canada from India via a third country, and get a COVID test on site at the airport in the third country. But how many international airports are offering COVID testing on site without having to go through border control?
None as far as I'm aware. Hence what's left is places where you can enter the country and remain long enough to get a covid test (also subject to whatever quarantine rules, etc), or in other words, places where one already has a visa.

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
None as far as I'm aware. Hence what's left is places where you can enter the country and remain long enough to get a covid test (also subject to whatever quarantine rules, etc), or in other words, places where one already has a visa.
And are many of these countries offering visas at the moment?