FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
18-02-2018
Passport Req..
18-07-2018
Hi,

My spouse works in the US and now we just submitted PR application for him. He is planning to come to Canada in Dec on visitors for 2 weeks. We want to know whether there's any travel restrictions from US to Canada and vice versa. I learnt that there's no restriction from the States to Canada for a spouse of Canadian permanent resident. But from Canada to the States is there any travel restriction due to COVID?

Does anyone know anything about it?

Thanks in advance

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hi,

My spouse works in the US and now we just submitted PR application for him. He is planning to come to Canada in Dec on visitors for 2 weeks. We want to know whether there's any travel restrictions from US to Canada and vice versa. I learnt that there's no restriction from the States to Canada for a spouse of Canadian permanent resident. But from Canada to the States is there any travel restriction due to COVID?

Does anyone know anything about it?

Thanks in advance
No restrictions at US side for workers. Its the Canadian side restricting visitors/mandating quarantine since the pandemic started.

Possibly your spouse might need to plan for quarantine 2 weeks and ask to be ready with the quarantine plan if in case cbsa asks.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html#citizen-pr

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Your spouse should expect CBSA to ask for a quarantine plan given having one will for the forseeable future be CBSAs top priority for everyone entering the country. Having no quarantine plan your spouse would either be directed to a government selected facility or worst case refused entry. As you can read here you will need to keep contact with your spouse to a minimum during the 14 days quarantine or even quarantine with them.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/publications/diseases-conditions/2019-novel-coronavirus-information-sheet.html

Also as you can read for travel your spouse will need to be prepared to show proof that they are an immediate family member to be allowed to travel and enter the country.

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
I did my soft landing last year and officer said I can enter Canada from US thru road using COPR again..I got my PR card delivered at my cousin place in Toronto.Can I visit Toronto to get my PR card this month as borders are closed? Also if I am applying for any job , employers are saying u can’t come to Canada as borders are closed .Is this true? I am currently in US.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
I did my soft landing last year and officer said I can enter Canada from US thru road using COPR again..I got my PR card delivered at my cousin place in Toronto.Can I visit Toronto to get my PR card this month as borders are closed? Also if I am applying for any job , employers are saying u can’t come to Canada as borders are closed .Is this true? I am currently in US.
tell them that you are located in Canada (say your cousin location if asked where) and give interviews. Nobody is asking for in person interview these days. If selected and if asked, just tell them that you have come to US for winding up your stuffs and tell you'll be back in few days.

Reactions: Anpman