+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel restrictions/ PR card/ PNP residency obligation

Yassinesnit

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Dear all,

I've got a couple of question to ask. I've lately received my COPR and visa to immigrate to Canada under PNP program.
My COPR was approved on October. The visa deadline is April, 15th 2021.

My first question is: Will I be subject to any travel restrictions if I travel on late February or beginning of March?
Second: How long does it take to receive the PR card after landing in Canada?
Third: Do I have to land in the province that nominated me or can I spend few days in Quebec for example before flying to that province?

Very thankful for your advices & answers!

Last edited:

Beltex

Star Member
Jan 24, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London UK
Dear all,

I've got a couple of question to ask. I've lately received my COPR and visa to immigrate to Canada under PNP program.
My COPR was approved on October. The visa deadline is April, 15th 2021.

My first question is: Will I be subject to any travel restrictions if I travel on late February or beginning of March?

Not at the moment but things can change.

Second: How long does it take to receive the PR card after landing in Canada?

Arround 3 months

Third: Do I have to land in the province that nominated me or can I spend few days in Quebec for example before flying to that province?

No you will be "landed" at the 1st airport you arrive at and as Canada is only receiving international flights at Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Toronto it may not be posible to land in your chosen province anyway. You have to proceed directly to your destination and quarantine there so no you can't have a few days somewhere else enroute

Fourth: How long should I stay in that province before I can move out to a different one.

You owe it to the nominating Province to try you're hardest to settle there, asking that question suggests to me that that may not be you're intention?

Very thankful for your advices & answers!

Yassinesnit

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Thanks a lot for your answers!

I read on the IRCC website that people who got their application approved before March are not subject to any travel restrictions. In my case, I received the approval on October, will there be any issues if I decide to travel on February?

I sure intend to settle in the province I was nominated by :)

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Thanks a lot for your answers!

I read on the IRCC website that people who got their application approved before March are not subject to any travel restrictions. In my case, I received the approval on October, will there be any issues if I decide to travel on February?

I sure intend to settle in the province I was nominated by :)
I believe at this point you're still not allowed to travel unless you're in the US. You should contact IRCC when you're ready to travel if the restrictions are still in place by April 15.