+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel restrictions help

Diegof09

Star Member
Dec 28, 2015
So me (Canadian) and my wife are coming back to Canada in September and we are probably flying from Mexico City, do I need to send an email to request authorization for her to board the plane? Or can we just show our papers (passport, marriage certificate,etc)

Underhill

Feb 5, 2020
Vancouver, BC
If your wife is not a Canadian citizen or PR, and you were flying in today, a copy of your marriage certificate should do - but it has to be the certificate from the government showing the marriage has been legally recorded by the country where you got married, NOT something the wedding officiator gives you on your wedding day (if you're newlyweds, for example).

Who knows what rule changes September might bring.

Diegof09

Star Member
Dec 28, 2015
If your wife is not a Canadian citizen or PR, and you were flying in today, a copy of your marriage certificate should do - but it has to be the certificate from the government showing the marriage has been legally recorded by the country where you got married, NOT something the wedding officiator gives you on your wedding day (if you're newlyweds, for example).

Who knows what rule changes September might bring.
Yeah we got the government's official marriage certificate. Does it have to be translated?