+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel Restrictions for PR Applicants

MonGama

Sep 22, 2021
Hi all,

My partner and I just received a temporary work permit for him while we await our response for his Permanent Residence Application. His temporary work permit said the following:
"A study or work permit is not a travel document. To allow you to travel to or re-enter to Canada by air only, we issued you an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) when we issued your permit extension. Your eTA is electronically linked to the passport that you used to apply for your permit renewal. You must travel with this same passport."

My partner also has a valid visitor visa which is valid until April 2022. Is it safe for us to travel out of country while the Permanent Residence application is under review?

Thank you!
Monika

Chad4lyphe

Jul 28, 2019
He can travel on is visitor visa any time he choose, but u have to take in mine having a visitor visa does not automatic give u entry to Canada, u can refuse entry by border agents at any time they choose.

• Love
Reactions: MonGama

MonGama

Sep 22, 2021
Do you think his Work Permit and Electronic Travel Authorization make his case stronger with border control - coupled with the visitor visa of course.