+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel restriction update/ waiting to land

ifyel

Mar 20, 2021
Please I need help because I'm really confused on what i should do

My PR has been confirmed and I've received my COPR and Permanent resident visa.
the expiry date on the visa is the 20th of August 2021.

I was planning on booking my flight to Canada for the 1st week of June, but I received this email about the travel restrictions:

Dear client,

Thank you for your interest in coming to Canada as an Economic Class permanent resident. We are looking forward to having you here, but you will have to wait a little longer.

At this time, to protect Canadians from COVID-19, travel restrictions are in place for individuals travelling to Canada. Even people with a confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR) and a permanent resident visa (PRV) counterfoil (if applicable), CANNOT TRAVEL TO CANADA at this time to become permanent residents unless they are exempt from the travel restrictions.

Do not worry if your documents are near expiry. We will contact you with further instructions if your documents expire before the travel restrictions are lifted. We will then work with you at that time to re-issue or extend the validity of your documents when it is safer to travel.

Travel Restrictions Compliance and Enforcement
We want you to eventually come to Canada safely and legally. Please note if you don’t follow the instructions provided to and try to travel to Canada right now, you could face a signficant ticket or fine. Entering Canada is an offence under the Quarantine Act. For more information see Consequences for failure to comply with the Emergency order.

Please learn about how COVID-19 is affecting immigration services and how it affects travel, quarantine and borders for the latest information on travel restrictions before making any travel plans and again before departing for Canada to avoid being denied boarding or entry in Canada.

Reuniting with family
We understand that you may have family in Canada and are looking forward to seeing them. If you are trying to reunite with family in Canada, you likely meet an exemption under the travel restrictions. If so, please consult Foreign nationals reuniting with family regularly to find out if you can travel to Canada.

Keep us informed if your situation has changed
Please let us know if your situation changes in any of the following ways:

Marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation
Death of the sponsor, the principal applicant or any accompanying family member
Birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children
You, the principal applicant, or any of your family members have been charged or convicted of a criminal offence
Do not attempt to travel to Canada if your situation has changed. Your documents will need to be updated and re-issued.

We are sorry to keep you waiting and thank you for your patience,

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

I guess this means that I shouldn't bother booking the flight?

can I get some advice on how I should proceed, should I just wait?

are there any groups I can join for people who have received their PR and are waiting to land or are there people who are interested in starting one?

Asif77

Dec 9, 2018

I was planning on booking my flight to Canada for the 1st week of June, but I received this email about the travel restrictions:

Dear client,

Thank you for your interest in coming to Canada as an Economic Class permanent resident. We are looking forward to having you here, but you will have to wait a little longer.

At this time, to protect Canadians from COVID-19, travel restrictions are in place for individuals travelling to Canada. Even people with a confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR) and a permanent resident visa (PRV) counterfoil (if applicable), CANNOT TRAVEL TO CANADA at this time to become permanent residents unless they are exempt from the travel restrictions.

Do not worry if your documents are near expiry. We will contact you with further instructions if your documents expire before the travel restrictions are lifted. We will then work with you at that time to re-issue or extend the validity of your documents when it is safer to travel.

We want you to eventually come to Canada safely and legally. Please note if you don’t follow the instructions provided to and try to travel to Canada right now, you could face a signficant ticket or fine. Entering Canada is an offence under the Quarantine Act. For more information see Consequences for failure to comply with the Emergency order.

Please learn about how COVID-19 is affecting immigration services and how it affects travel, quarantine and borders for the latest information on travel restrictions before making any travel plans and again before departing for Canada to avoid being denied boarding or entry in Canada.

Reuniting with family
We understand that you may have family in Canada and are looking forward to seeing them. If you are trying to reunite with family in Canada, you likely meet an exemption under the travel restrictions. If so, please consult Foreign nationals reuniting with family regularly to find out if you can travel to Canada.

Birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children
You, the principal applicant, or any of your family members have been charged or convicted of a criminal offence
Do not attempt to travel to Canada if your situation has changed. Your documents will need to be updated and re-issued.

Sincerely,

are there any groups I can join for people who have received their PR and are waiting to land or are there people who are interested in starting one?
same status with me , and received same email.

Asif77

Dec 9, 2018

Dear client,

Reuniting with family

Sincerely,

any update regarding your case, please share.