+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel restictions has changed!

Sarahelsa

Feb 18, 2020
Hey as you all know the travel restictions to canada has changed and international students who received a valid visa on or before march 18th can travel to canada for May intake 2020. So is there anyone who has received a visa before march 18th and is planing to travel to canad in the month of may?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hey as you all know the travel restictions to canada has changed and international students who received a valid visa on or before march 18th can travel to canada for May intake 2020. So is there anyone who has received a visa before march 18th and is planing to travel to canad in the month of may?
So if you travel in May are you sure your college will start courses in May or defer to later in year or even be open as most at the moment are closed with no idea when they might open again. If your course ends up not starting in May you will not be able to work at all so will need to be able to finance yourself until courses start plus at the moment there is no idea whether the mandatory 14 day quarantine will still be in place, a big challenge as far as accommodation/food is concerned for new arrivals..

Hopefully you have all this taken into account before you jump on a plane assuming planes are flying

Naijaboy

Dec 29, 2019
I received my visa before March 18 and planning to go however my college (Niagara) doesnt say whether May intake will go as normal or not. They replied my emails twice saying that they are looking at the situation please follow announcements etc etc. They dont tell me when is the last day to withdraw to get full refund. This school seems a bit dodgy..anyways I am on hold at the moment.
Congrats on your visa approval....at the moment best bet would be to defer so you won't lose on two ends...cause all schools are closed for the moment and probably still on a debate weather to take online classes to both Nationals and internationals for the summer term...and you would not want to pay a huge sum of money to receive lectures online but currently all schools are on lockdown...

Justequis

Apr 2, 2020
Where are the changes posted?

Awais Tahir

Jan 19, 2020
Wht about people who r still waiting for visa response. Lets suppose someone will get visa approval by mid of april-2020. They r not allowed to travel?
My classes will start on 25th of may and still waiting for visa response.
Need expert advice shall i send email to my college to defer my semester to sept-2020 or shall i keep it the way it is?
Pls advice
Thanks in advance.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Wht about people who r still waiting for visa response. Lets suppose someone will get visa approval by mid of april-2020. They r not allowed to travel?
My classes will start on 25th of may and still waiting for visa response.
Need expert advice shall i send email to my college to defer my semester to sept-2020 or shall i keep it the way it is?
Pls advice
Thanks in advance.
The exemptions for student travel are described here and subject to ongoing review but reading the link only permits approved on or before March 18th can currently travel. Apart from the travel restriction you need to get advice from your college that they still plan to start anything in May

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors-foreign-workers-students.html#restrictions-students

Last edited:

Vshneo

Mar 30, 2020
Congrats on your visa approval....at the moment best bet would be to defer so you won't lose on two ends...cause all schools are closed for the moment and probably still on a debate weather to take online classes to both Nationals and internationals for the summer term...and you would not want to pay a huge sum of money to receive lectures online but currently all schools are on lockdown...
Yes its true that they havnt taken the decision for international students for online education.... even they havn't confirmed it yet they the post work permit is given or not if the international student started there course in home country... they have only mentions about the students already there studying or attending classes

Vshneo

Mar 30, 2020
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors-foreign-workers-students.html#restrictions-students

Look at the paragraph under international students, it says PGWP eligibility wont be affected if your classes moved to online due to Covid19 for ongoing student and students approved on and before March 18.

But eligibility and validity of your diploma under EE with one semester online study period is not certain yet as far as I see.
My study permit decision has not come yet... despite of filing on march 5th and biometrics on 9th.... rest thank you for the information... i dont know why my college have provided me written that no information have come for students going to start online classes for may intake from there home country.... is having no clear information for post work permit... and i got the mail 12 hours back