+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel plan urgent

amitoj7547

Jul 15, 2020
Hello . My studies starts on 10january 2022 and i have booked my flight for 11december 2021 . Its 30 days before program starts . Will that be fine? Also my flights is from india to toronto with 3.5hrs layover and then to calgary . So in which canadian airport will my immigration take place . Please any answers .

EsterO

Star Member
Aug 29, 2018
Sure you can travel in December. So you have enough time to settle in. Also you can land anywhere in Canada as long as you can show hotel or accommodation arrangements close to your institution. So your study permit paper will be granted without interruption. I travelled like a month before class resumption. You are not allowed to work until first day at school.

amitoj7547

Jul 15, 2020
Guys my poe is toronto but my connecting flight is to calgary . So will my immigration happen again in calgary or i will exit calgary airport directly?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Guys my poe is toronto but my connecting flight is to calgary . So will my immigration happen again in calgary or i will exit calgary airport directly?
Toronto is where you go through immigration. Once in Canada, you are flying domestically so exit airport in Calgary.

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
Sure you can travel in December. So you have enough time to settle in. Also you can land anywhere in Canada as long as you can show hotel or accommodation arrangements close to your institution. So your study permit paper will be granted without interruption. I travelled like a month before class resumption. You are not allowed to work until first day at school.
We cannot say that will stay at a relative's place and then will fly to the city of our university close to the class start date?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Ok so i will directly exit the calgary airport and will i recieve my baggage in calgary only or in toronto ?
You may need to get your bags in Toronto to go through immigration, and then put it on a conveyer belt to Calgary. You will be told what to do.

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
Immigration always happens at the first point of entry into any country, after that all flights within that country are domestic flights with no immigration checks.