+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

travel outside of Canada while Spouse sponsor application ( inland applicant)

seattlecalgary

Aug 1, 2008
Hello All,

I am January inland applicant and still background checking status. I did Medical check and updated. I believe next step is approval and interview.

I need to travel 5 weeks to my home country because of medical emergency and family marriage. I know the people do not suggest to travel for the inland applicant, but I must go.

Anyone has experience with the interview reschedule request?

How could I contact to the CIC center to delay the interview? Do you think I should let them know now, or when I get the letter, I should request the delay if the interview is planned while I am not in Canada.

Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello All,

I am January inland applicant and still background checking status. I did Medical check and updated. I believe next step is approval and interview.

I need to travel 5 weeks to my home country because of medical emergency and family marriage. I know the people do not suggest to travel for the inland applicant, but I must go.

Anyone has experience with the interview reschedule request?

How could I contact to the CIC center to delay the interview? Do you think I should let them know now, or when I get the letter, I should request the delay if the interview is planned while I am not in Canada.

Thank you
Would be more concerned about your whole application being denied if it is discovered that you have been out of the country for 5 weeks. You have to willing to take the risk. If you inform CIC that you are leaving for 5 weeks your application is likely to be denied.

seattlecalgary

Aug 1, 2008
Would be more concerned about your whole application being denied if it is discovered that you have been out of the country for 5 weeks. You have to willing to take the risk. If you inform CIC that you are leaving for 5 weeks your application is likely to be denied.
I understood, but this is health emergency. I am not from Visa required country and so I believe I do not need to have TRV. I have worked permit already. Let's see

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
So, CIC is checking all the travels and travel durations during the application? Are you sure about that? or you are guessing. This is health emergency.
Yes, they do check. This is well known and it's really not that hard to keep track of foreign nationals who are flying in and out of Canada. All your travel will be visible to the officer doing your application.

"Health emergency" + "marriage in the family" don't really go together. If you leave the country for longer than 2-3 weeks, you have to know that your application may be cancelled and they'll tell you to apply outland. Plan accordingly.

seattlecalgary

Aug 1, 2008
Yes, they do check. This is well known and it's really not that hard to keep track of foreign nationals who are flying in and out of Canada. All your travel will be visible to the officer doing your application.

"Health emergency" + "marriage in the family" don't really go together. If you leave the country for longer than 2-3 weeks, you have to know that your application may be cancelled and they'll tell you to apply outland. Plan accordingly.
Yes, I need to travel. if they cancel my application, I will apply for the outland even that is not fair! Yes, emergency health and family!! what else I can do... How are they letting us know when they cancel? Just a letter?

seattlecalgary

Aug 1, 2008
Yes, I need to travel. if they cancel my application, I will apply for the outland even that is not fair! Yes, emergency health and family!! what else I can do... How are they letting us know when they cancel? Just a letter?
I am also from Europe, If they cancel the inland application; is that ok to stay in Canada as a tourist to figure out and plan my life before I leave the country?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
They will inform you via a letter, yes. It's not 100% that it will be cancelled, but it might be and you should be aware that this is a possibility. You are supposed to stay inside Canada for the entire period of the application process, so they are already doing you a favour by overlooking a 2-3 week visit. Not sure how you think it isn't fair. If you have pressing circumstances that cause you to leave the country for a long time, your application will be cancelled, but nothing stops you from applying again - they aren't penalizing/banning you in any way.

If you are allowed back in as a tourist then you can stay for the usual period of time (max six months, could be lower). You won't be allowed to work, but nothing stops you from winding up your affairs etc.

seattlecalgary

Aug 1, 2008
They will inform you via a letter, yes. It's not 100% that it will be cancelled, but it might be and you should be aware that this is a possibility. You are supposed to stay inside Canada for the entire period of the application process, so they are already doing you a favour by overlooking a 2-3 week visit. Not sure how you think it isn't fair. If you have pressing circumstances that cause you to leave the country for a long time, your application will be cancelled, but nothing stops you from applying again - they aren't penalizing/banning you in any way.

If you are allowed back in as a tourist then you can stay for the usual period of time (max six months, could be lower). You won't be allowed to work, but nothing stops you from winding up your affairs etc.
Hey! Health emergency- I need to be in the hospital 3 weeks! I have all the documentation from the hospital in Canada and also from my home country.. Health... of course that is the most important thing!. If they cancel, they cancel. Thanks for your help and feedback.