+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel outside of Canada while processing inland application

baimmeb

Nov 21, 2016
Calgary, AB
Hello,

I have never worried this problem untill i see so many people are talking about this and i worried now.

I am a Post-Graduate work permit hold valid till July 2019. and me and my spouse have submitted the Inland application last month and is now currently being processed.

I wonder if i can go back to my country for Chinese new year Jan 2019 and come back in March 2019 as my temporary visa& work permit valid till July, 2019? at the time, my spouse will remain in Canada still.

Like, if i can still come back &re-entry to Canada as a Worker?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

I have never worried this problem untill i see so many people are talking about this and i worried now.

I am a Post-Graduate work permit hold valid till July 2019. and me and my spouse have submitted the Inland application last month and is now currently being processed.

I wonder if i can go back to my country for Chinese new year Jan 2019 and come back in March 2019 as my temporary visa& work permit valid till July, 2019? at the time, my spouse will remain in Canada still.

Like, if i can still come back &re-entry to Canada as a Worker?
Hi

While the risk of being refused entry is very low, it is always there. Also, you are required to cohabit with your spouse in Canada throughout the process. 2 months is a long time apart and you risk IRCC determining you no longer meet that requirement.