+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel Insurance - Soft Landing

winterdiva

Dec 18, 2017
London
AOR Received.
04-08-2018
Hi all,
We will be landing later this month. Please can anyone tell me if its ok to take a normal travel insurance to cover us for the 1 week we'll be there?

Thanks!

winterdiva

Dec 18, 2017
London
AOR Received.
04-08-2018
Please can anyone help me ?

We have our COPRs and will be visiting Canada later this month for our landing. We will be returning to UK in a week. Our plan is to move permanently next year. Would a normal travel insurance be fine for us to cover our 1 week stay in Canada? Will we be treated as "residents" or as "visitors" ?

bairn7

Feb 27, 2015
It will all come down to the policy wording of your particular insurer. It's one of those questions where you really need to disclose the circumstances to the insurer and get their confirmation that the policy will be valid in the event of having to claim once you have a PR card. For as soft landing, I suspect a normal travel insurance policy will be fine - most policies require that you 'reside' in the UK but 'reside' is not further defined and will likely be determined by the facts. However, you really should ask the insurer the question prior to taking out a policy.